• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLVIII: CANCEL REDSOXFANS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plama

Reaction score
lebron.gif

Last edited:
This barcade was on market st near the Castro. Apparently had good late night pizzas

From the previous CT:

sometimes I'm like why tf am I doing any job that's not directly addressing climate change

I feel this way often. I've had a job advert for a research manager at a 'climate change impacts on ecosystems lab' for a private organization open in a browser tab for about a week and have been debating changing my career path.

thinking about doing solar power project management or something

but I know nothing about solar and a little bit about capitalism so whatever the jobs out there that pay a decent salary are all probably part of the same bullshit so

I think the bigger issue than ~capitalism~ on the job search in that space is that most of the firms unless you wanna go work for GE or Ford or something are startup rise and grind type places and that’s not my jam

My company donates a lot to organizations working to mitigate climate change, and we do a lot to mitigate our own footprints, including a lot of water reuse, solar power, etc. My previous company was heavily invested in mitigating climate change through its forestry programs, production standards, and products. I've thought about getting a Masters in Sustainability, I think it would serve me well.

Yea I’m angling to start a program to decarbonize and divest our company

Would make it easier to show up to work for sure

then i see stuff like the WaPo article that says we'd have to spend 100 trillion dollars over the next 30 years to reach zero emissions for the global supply chain -- responsible for 80% of carbon emissions -- and I'm just like welp fuck

Yea I have this lib friend here who works for a green hedge fund who’s convinced this machine can keep kicking if we just carbon price properly and he’s way smarter than me but I can’t see that being true (or happening til it’s too late anyway)

Don’t want to be a climate nihilist but things don’t look great

OK... Need recommendations on two products that I've heard good things about.

Vuori Joggers - Which style is the best? I want the elastic on the bottom (as opposed to an open style, if that makes sense). Any issues with my being 6'2" & 205lbs?

GCI Outdoor Rockers - Which model is the best? Price is not a concern.

BONUS: I need a better home office chair. Would like a version that is all mesh (similar to Aeron chair), but not as expensive. Is there anything that's any good out there? Or do I just pay the extra for the actual Aeron?

TIA!

I love that price is not a concern for an outdoor rocking chair, but for a home office chair (that you will spend WAY more time sitting in) price is indeed a concern.

time for the annual boots discussion

which boots are you guys loving these days?

OK... Need recommendations on two products that I've heard good things about.

Vuori Joggers - Which style is the best? I want the elastic on the bottom (as opposed to an open style, if that makes sense). Any issues with my being 6'2" & 205lbs?

GCI Outdoor Rockers - Which model is the best? Price is not a concern.

BONUS: I need a better home office chair. Would like a version that is all mesh (similar to Aeron chair), but not as expensive. Is there anything that's any good out there? Or do I just pay the extra for the actual Aeron?

TIA!

You want the Sunday Performance jogger from Vuori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back