• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Watch Christian Greene or Horatio Fields of some other unknown 18/19 y/o receiver step in and be the next diamond in the rough. That would be the most Higgins/Clawson play ever.

No Roberson or Williams? Here's a kid you've never heard of who is our next big star. A man can dream...

I actually thought AT played a little better late in the game with Q out than in. Just like with the defense last week, the issue wasn’t just injuries it was moving guys into positions they didn’t practice in. Huge credit to Morin who played really well shifting over mid game. I can’t imagine that is easy.

It’s just so infuriating living in Atlanta and having to hear about UGA and the SEC all day every day.

On the way to daycare tonight they were doing their usual job of celebrating UGA before commenting that GT should win more than 3 games “when the ACC is the worst it’s been in 20 years.”

Well, you’d think UGA could have won by more than 7 against Clemson since the conference is so terrible.

It’s just so infuriating living in Atlanta and having to hear about UGA and the SEC all day every day.

On the way to daycare tonight they were doing their usual job of celebrating UGA before commenting that GT should win more than 3 games “when the ACC is the worst it’s been in 20 years.”

Well, you’d think UGA could have won by more than 7 against Clemson since the conference is so terrible.

Sports fans are notoriously dumb. Except for the stat nerd ones. What stats prove the ACC is the worst it's been in 20 years?

Pitt's pretty good.

Despite injury problems, Clemson has scored 30 points in its last two ACC games against FSU and Louisville, both wins.

Well to get to 30 vs FSU we scored a TD on a fumble from a lateral the ball around last play of the game play. Louisville was Clemson's best offensive performance of the year, though it still wasn't great, but Ngata (WR) got injured during the game and is out the rest of the year, DJ hurt his knee, and now Justyn Ross injured his foot in the UCONN game.

The UCONN game offensive performance is the worst I've ever seen as a Clemson fan. Way worse than anything from the Bowden years when I was in school. What little hope I had for a possible improvement was crushed Saturday watching us absolutely suck and struggle to move the ball against UCONN the worst team in the country.

The reason we have had an elite offense is we've had 2 elite receivers on the field at all times this year. We struggled mightily in the passing game when Roberson went down Saturday.

Yet we ran the ball, scored late and still won. We have many very good receivers.

Right but obviously that was all just lucky because otherwise we wouldn’t have scored so many on them.

I’m pumped for this game. The story on Clemson this year has been that they have an elite defense. Looking forward to putting 50 on them. My prediction: Wake 52-Clemson 23

Right but obviously that was all just lucky because otherwise we wouldn’t have scored so many on them.

I’m pumped for this game. The story on Clemson this year has been that they have an elite defense. Looking forward to putting 50 on them. My prediction: Wake 52-Clemson 23

Wow, lot of hubris on this thread, just like the week of the UNC game. . . .

Beating Clemson in Death Valley will always be a tall order for any Wake team. Love our chances but if we win it will be close we'll need a few breaks.

You’re right, it’s my fault our defense sucked that day. Our offense has shown that it’s elite and can score on anyone. States D is better than Clemson’s. We are going to score. The open question is whether Clemson can keep up. Given their shit offense this year AND injuries, there is no reason to think they will. I get that we are all used to letdowns but let’s quit acting like Clemson is some juggernaut this year.

You’re right, it’s my fault our defense sucked that day. Our offense has shown that it’s elite and can score on anyone. States D is better than Clemson’s. We are going to score. The open question is whether Clemson can keep up. Given their shit offense this year AND injuries, there is no reason to think they will. I get that we are all used to letdowns but let’s quit acting like Clemson is some juggernaut this year.

State’s D is very good, but are we sure it’s better?

State’s D is very good, but are we sure it’s better?

no, Clemson's defense is better.

but, love the optimism. Let's go.

State's DL got tremendous push for the first two series of our game (two 3 and outs, two batted balls at LOS); after that our OL figured things out.

no, Clemson's defense is better.

but, love the optimism. Let's go.

State's DL got tremendous push for the first two series of our game (two 3 and outs, two batted balls at LOS); after that our OL figured things out.

They started knocking guys on their asses when they left their feet. I also think our depth wore them down. Sam had plenty of time late in the game. Coverage was just better.

They started knocking guys on their asses when they left their feet. I also think our depth wore them down. Sam had plenty of time late in the game. Coverage was just better.

The fact that the OL has had now 2 games against D Lines that can disrupt RPO (Tarholes and Wolfpups) is huge. I’m sure Brett Veneables will still have tricks up his sleeve but can’t over-state this enough - same goes for the entire offense.

NC State has given up 189 points this year, Clemson 153. Only difference is that State has played us already. Prior to last weekend, they had given up 144 to clemson's 146.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if this is an "all hands on deck" kind of game. If Wake wants to be taken seriously, a win in Death Valley is necessary. Clinch the division title by beating the winner from last year. Leave no doubt about it.

I was thinking about this earlier. While this year's team is much better than 2006, the one thing that they don't yet have is a signature win, one that will make the media and talking heads pay attention. In 2006 it was beating FSU 30-0 in Tallahassee. Winning in Death Valley would be that kind of win.

Back