• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Yeah this is a Gatorade bath game for DC. Haven’t beaten these guys since 2008 - not to mention they’ve gone to 6 straight CFP’s. FSU had started to decline a bit when we beat them in 30-0 in 2006 but it was still Florida State. We ain’t gonna beat Clemson 30-0 but the Clemson program is in much better shape than FSU in 2006

I was thinking about this earlier. While this year's team is much better than 2006, the one thing that they don't yet have is a signature win, one that will make the media and talking heads pay attention. In 2006 it was beating FSU 30-0 in Tallahassee. Winning in Death Valley would be that kind of win.
We just beat a ranked team. Don't be ESPN.

Ross is out so they are w/o their top 2 receivers.

I fear Clemson's D shuts our O down and we dont get near our usual 35 minimum. Their line is better than State's and we had 0 break away runs, IIRC. The more Hartman has to pass, the more danger of him getting injured, too.

Jesus that shithead Skalski is still there?!

Yeah. Almost got tossed for targeting against UConn too. Was really hoping they upheld the penalty so we could go at least one half without seeing him.

I fear Clemson's D shuts our O down and we dont get near our usual 35 minimum. Their line is better than State's and we had 0 break away runs, IIRC. The more Hartman has to pass, the more danger of him getting injured, too.

Well you've pretty much painted worst case scenario most of the season, so this is on brand.

Herbie, is that you?

Hartman now has a week to get comfortable with a receiving corps that looks like Perry, Stewart, Morin, Banks plus whomever of the true frosh getting one of their four games. Higgins has a tough week, but he has been up to the task so far.

People were saying the same thing leading up to the State game. State had the leading scoring defense in the ACC before we played them. Clemson's defense will be a challenge no doubt, but as others have said, I think our O-line is better equipped to go against their defense than we have in a long time. We can win this game, no doubt in my mind, doesn't mean we will, but we can.

Hartman now has a week to get comfortable with a receiving corps that looks like Perry, Stewart, Morin, Banks plus whomever of the true frosh getting one of their four games. Higgins has a tough week, but he has been up to the task so far.

Do we know Roberson and Williams are out?

here are some of 80deacon's greatest hits

Before Duke:
Lest we forget, although we pulled out an eventual 12 point win the last time here on the shoulders of Walker and Carney, Duke retook the lead twice on KO returns for TDs....by the same dude!

They also had a "Syracuse QB" (i.e. a guy who couldn't throw). This year they have a freshman Daniel Jones. He'll probably put up big numbers (who doesn't?), but hopefully we can pick him 2 or more times.

Because FSU is playing better and our D has reverted back to a typical Clawson D with the loss of 2-3 major contributing starters.

No way Syracuse should have gotten the yardage on us they did.

I'm always concerned about every opponent. Army upset us with Skinner throwing 3 INTs, IIRC. Duke has spoiled a season or beat us when underdogs. UNC's O loves our D. Just hoping we find a way to win and Clemson losses at least 2 ACC games, so a loss to them won't prevent a division title, ala 2006.

Before Army:
WF 24 - Wisconsin 48, less than a year ago in our state.
Army 15 @ Wisconsin 20, last week
We're at Army.

Just feel like we lose our first game this Saturday. Still, if we lose to UNC and Clemson we can still win the division if State and Clemson fall again. State is our big game, IMHO.

A couple of weeks ago:
We will be Clemson's Rx for offensive production. Hard to see beating State, Clemson, UNC or BC with this D.

I'd put money on both of those guys dressing out and playing if there's any question that they could give us an edge over who starts. Hopefully our O rolls and our D shuts down Clemson and forces a few turnovers so this thing isn't close. Would love to put the backups in with 6-8 mins. to go in the 4th quarter up 52-10...

Back