• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Why do they need a QB or WRs if against us they can run the ball up the middle for 7+ yards a carry? This is going to be like the Army and Cuse games only with a better line and better RBs.

I think it will be more like the State game where we focus on taking away a traditional running game. Obviously Army is not traditional in the running game and we struggle against running QBs. DJ has a sprained knee and the back up has an injured shoulder. Not sure if he will even play. DJ may get some big hitters with some good receivers but not very consistently. That is unless he plays drastically different that the other 10 games this season.

Why do they need a QB or WRs if against us they can run the ball up the middle for 7+ yards a carry? This is going to be like the Army and Cuse games only with a better line and better RBs.

Because their running game is one of the worst in the ACC and their offense line is beat up as well. Their rushing attack is far inferior to both of the teams you mentioned.

DJ's normal mobility would concern me, but he has been hobbling around and it sounds like the backup won't play either.

If they want to try to pound the ball up the middle on us all game, then have at it. I don't think they are going to be very successful.

Last edited:
Because their running game is one of the worst in the ACC and their offense line is beat up as well. Their rushing attack is far inferior to both of the teams you mentioned.

DJ's normal mobility would concern me, but he has been hobbling around and it sounds like the backup won't play either.

If they want to try to pound the ball up the middle on us all game, then have at it. I don't think they are going to be very successful.

Didn’t they get their stud RB back from injury ?

Didn’t they get their stud RB back from injury ?
Shipley has 438 yards on the year rushing averaging 4.7. Him and pace have comparable stats this year to Beal Smith and Ellison running and I wouldn't consider us a potent running attack. And their line is beat up. Again they only ran the ball 3.1 yard per carry against UConn on a bunch of carries.

Last edited:
Shipley has 438 yards on the year rushing averaging 4.7. Him and pace have comparable stats this year to Beal Smith and Ellison running and I wouldn't consider us a potent running attack. And their line is beat up. Again they only ran the ball 3.1 yard per carry against UConn on a bunch of carries.

That goes down to 358 and 4.2/carry if you take out the game against FCS South Carolina State. Former Deac Kendrell Flowers had 11 carries for 53 against the Tigers in that game as well.

38-10 Deacs. Never close. Deacs dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Any rumblings about the Jaquarii or KeShawn?

I think it will be more like the State game where we focus on taking away a traditional running game. Obviously Army is not traditional in the running game and we struggle against running QBs. DJ has a sprained knee and the back up has an injured shoulder. Not sure if he will even play. DJ may get some big hitters with some good receivers but not very consistently. That is unless he plays drastically different that the other 10 games this season.

Shipley will be the problem for us.

Just browsed the Clemson boards a little bit. It really cracks me up how they refer to us most of the time as "Weak Florist." It totally reinforces the fact that most CU fans are basically just 12-year-olds.

Just browsed the Clemson boards a little bit. It really cracks me up how they refer to us most of the time as "Weak Florist." It totally reinforces the fact that most CU fans are basically just 12-year-olds.

But they read at a 15 year old level.

I mean is that really much different than us saying "Klemp" or "Clemp's Son?"

I mean is that really much different than us saying "Klemp" or "Clemp's Son?"

Just more prevalent. And those refer to a redneck connotation to the school, while weak florist is just a bad play on words

Back