• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Fuck Klempson and their fans. Only reason they are nice to you is because they pretty much know they will be dishing out the spanking. Let Wake win a few in a row (not likely) and see how their fans are then. Don't see Wake winning down there although I feel like this could be the best chance in years to beat that team.

I think we also lost like 62-10 in 2000- Caldwell’s last year.

I thought it was Marcus McGruder.

It was Gruder- I was there. Clemson fans came up afterwards and said I’m sorry.

That Erik King end zone phantom PI call haunts me to this day. What was that, '04?

‘04. Marcus MacGruder. I watched in DC and got on a plane the next day to study abroad. My last memory of Wake football that year.

I grew up in a Clemson family. When I informed my mom that I was coming to Wake, her response was “I remember when the Deacon was really nice and helped the Tiger do push-ups because he couldn’t do anymore!”

‘04. Marcus MacGruder. I watched in DC and got on a plane the next day to study abroad. My last memory of Wake football that year.

Good season to miss- in 2004- we lost every game (except to Miami)- by less than a TD- Clemson and State in OT on the road- VT, FSU, UNC at home and MD on road.

Wake owns the record for getting Clemson coaches fired. I think Dabo is wearing thin these days. Could happen.

I grew up in a Clemson family. When I informed my mom that I was coming to Wake, her response was “I remember when the Deacon was really nice and helped the Tiger do push-ups because he couldn’t do anymore!”

Dabo’s seat is ice cold.

His seat is fine but I could see a home loss to LOWF leading to a shake up of his staff - Tony Elliott for instance has been criticized all year. He’s likely stayed too long at Clemson.

I think Dabo gets a pass this year but if it keeps up next season there will be a lot more pressure. However, by that time Saban might be thinking of calling it quits and Bama steals dabo away.

04 was after the 02 game where we seemed to get called for holding call everytime we tried blocking someone in the first half. The announcer's commented on how ridiculous it was every time we joined.

04 was after the 02 game where we seemed to get called for holding call everytime we tried blocking someone in the first half. The announcer's commented on how ridiculous it was every time we joined.

Yeah IIRC- Grobe got a letter from league office afterwards apologizing for bad calls. That was also game Barclay fumbled what would have been the go-ahead TD out of the end zone resulting in a touchback.

Before today, Clemson was receiving votes in the coaches poll. At 7-3, a blowout win and the name, wouldn't be shocked if they slipped into the CFB Playoff rankings for this matchup.

Onto the next…..before people start posting this is like VT in 2006- no it’s not- in 2006- We had to beat Maryland regardless as VT is in the Coastal. We have to win 1 of the last 2- let’s give it everything we got and exorcise those demons against Clemson- let’s not lay down next week.

I say we let them score a TD late to cut it to 82-24. Fuck Clemson and fuck Gaines Adams

Clemson -3

When was the last time we won there? It was before I was a Wake student and I’m starting to feel old, so anyone with a longer timeline than me feel free to chime in. Thanks in advance.

Back