• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Clemson -3

When was the last time we won there? It was before I was a Wake student and I’m starting to feel old, so anyone with a longer timeline than me feel free to chime in. Thanks in advance.

1998- Caldwell was coach and it was Tommy West’s last year at Clemson. Brandon Streeter was their QB.

1998- Caldwell was coach and it was Tommy West’s last year at Clemson. Brandon Streeter was their QB.

And we promptly came home and lost to App St. the next week. From a preseason ranking to 3-8. Ah, the Caldwell years.

I want to clinch the Atlantic title by beating Clemson in their place so bad. That would just be the perfect way to do it.

Agreed- I don’t want to win ACC Atlantic @ BC- let’s win it at Clemson.

Clemson -3

When was the last time we won there? It was before I was a Wake student and I’m starting to feel old, so anyone with a longer timeline than me feel free to chime in. Thanks in advance.

It was 1998. Somehow Jim Caldwell was able to win twice at Clemson (1993 and 1998)

Will we get any info on some of the injuries? Hopefully CBS and Q are back.

Clemson is beat up. Their best receiver was on crutches yesterday Ross. They're backup quarterback couldn't return to the game so we'll see if hes available and DJ their starters like 60% hobbling worse than Hartman.

Should I believe Deacfreak07?

I hope I’m wrong. I’m currently 3 weeks into 6 weeks in a boot for torn ligaments and two avulsion fractures from rolling my ankle running on uneven pavement. Granted I’m a fat middle aged man not a twenty something college athlete. I’m also just trying to drive a car and jog not get pummeled by 5* LBs. :shrug:

I’ll be shocked if we see CBS this week and 85% sure he’s out for BC. I have no inside knowledge on that though

Any1 going?

I am trying to fit a work trip around this so I can go. Want to know if any friendlies will be there.

Yeah I’m just telling you what CBS said. Lots of players overstate how ready they are to play. He sounded confident though.

Any chance the Clemson name gets them ranked this week? They have only lost to ranked teams fwiw

We owe them still for Tokyo.

Receiver for Wake whose name escapes me (Greer maybe?) scored on an 80+ yd. reception that may have been a record for Wake at the time. He went on the have a good MLB career player with the Braves. Love those days of the 2-sport athlete; would be a good board topic for Wake players. Rusty Larue would probably be at the head of the list.

Back