• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Question, why should we or anybody else get a trophy for winning the division? Don't get me wrong it's an achievement, but seems like to to me the only trophy should go to whomever wins the conference.

There's no trophy for a division winner. If Dabo actually said that, he was proving (again) that his best quality as a coach is as a motivator.

There's no trophy for a division winner. If Dabo actually said that, he was proving (again) that his best quality as a coach is as a motivator.

If anyone would know if there's a trophy for division winners, it's Clemson players.

An Atlantic division trophy should not come as a surprise. Seven teams. The original ACC had eight teams and from 1971-78 there were seven teams after South Carolina left the conference.

An Atlantic division trophy should not come as a surprise. Seven teams. The original ACC had eight teams and from 1971-78 there were seven teams after South Carolina left the conference.

Yeah I guess, how many teams get a trophy or something trophy like for winning a game in some these rivalry games. Still don't think the division winner should get a trophy. Hang a banner maybe, but the only trophy should go to conference champs, imho.

Yeah I guess, how many teams get a trophy or something trophy like for winning a game in some these rivalry games. Still don't think the division winner should get a trophy. Hang a banner maybe, but the only trophy should go to conference champs, imho.

Hellfire, if you can get a trophy for going 6-6 and winning the Cheez-itTheCops Bowl against WhatasamattaU, I'm fine with a trophy for a successful season-long drive to make the conference championship game. Wake has known for 3 weeks what is on the line vs. NCSU, Clemson and BC. If we take the division with the pressure of having to take 2 of 3 and at least one on the road, polish that sucker up and bring it to our locker room on Saturday.

Well, should there be an all division team for the Atlantic and Coastal split? Or just stay with 1st, 2nd, 3rd team, HM, all-ACC overall?
Just asking not proposing.

Finally watched recording of Clemson game 1st Half. Amazing how (1) WF never adequately prepares for the sound and fury of that field, and (2) WF never calls out the poor officiating at the outset.

Two years from now Deacs likely have a wet behind the ears QB who will allow himself to be distracted by the sound that gets into your chest on that field, unless staff actually simulates it in practice with more than loud music.

In 2021 WF is equal to or a better team than Clemson and wins on a neutral field. 2023?

That was basic post game listening to Dabo research. Could have been day later or so.

Said we could not stop the run.

Said our wideouts were terrific and Hartman is tough.

We will beat BC. Time to get focused on them, since it's gonna be cold out there. Must focus.

Back