• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

JonasDeac

Reaction score
Assuming we take care of business the next 2 weeks we'll get a nice TV slot, but ESPN will still 6 day flex us just in case.

Imagine these are the games in the running for the top slots (Fox Big Noon, CBS, ABC/ESPN noon, 3:30, primetime):

SMU/Cincy
Arkansas/Bama
IA St/OU
MSU/tOSU
Mich/MD
Wake/Clemson
OSU/TTU
Auburn/USC

Georgia & AtM cupcakes seem to be streaming exclusives at noon so ignored them. Assume Oregon/Utah gets late night ESPN slot, could be wrong.

Let's give the Bama game to CBS and assume Fox claims MSU/tOSU. Cincy gets ABC noon, Sooners ESPN prime, Michigan 3:30 ABC, OSU ESPN noon, Auburn 3:30 ESPN.

Leaves ABC primetime wide open!

Assuming we take care of business the next 2 weeks we'll get a nice TV slot, but ESPN will still 6 day flex us just in case.

Imagine these are the games in the running for the top slots (Fox Big Noon, CBS, ABC/ESPN noon, 3:30, primetime):

SMU/Cincy
Arkansas/Bama
IA St/OU
MSU/tOSU
Mich/MD
Wake/Clemson
OSU/TTU
Auburn/USC

Georgia & AtM cupcakes seem to be streaming exclusives at noon so ignored them. Assume Oregon/Utah gets late night ESPN slot, could be wrong.

Let's give the Bama game to CBS and assume Fox claims MSU/tOSU. Cincy gets ABC noon, Sooners ESPN prime, Michigan 3:30 ABC, OSU ESPN noon, Auburn 3:30 ESPN.

We want a noon game here- favors road team and crowd will be less into it at noon- especially in that environment. Last thing we need is we drop to State and have to beat Clemson to get to Charlotte and it’s 730 and rocking.

Nothing in Clemson will be rocking this season, but I do agree we want primtime vs state, and back to noon abc vs clemson. Perfect slate if we get that.

Nothing in Clemson will be rocking this season, but I do agree we want primtime vs state, and back to noon abc vs clemson. Perfect slate if we get that.

That would be perfect. I have plans on 11/13 and 11/20 so that would be ideal personally as well.

SMU/Cincy
Arkansas/Bama
IA St/OU
MSU/tOSU
Mich/MD
Wake/Clemson
OSU/TTU
Auburn/USC

I'm pretty sure you can only be flexed twice in a season and we have done that now.

I'm pretty sure you can only be flexed twice in a season and we have done that now.

No, it can happen up to 4 times overall, I'm pretty sure (on a conference basis, not on a per-team basis). And honestly, if ESPN had used up all 4 times and still wanted to use a 6-day hold, they would probably call the ACC office up and ask if they could do it again and be given the go ahead.

Clemson is done with their ACC schedule except for hosting WF. They "play" UCONN this week. UCONN is the worst team in FBS. Then, the Tigers host WF before playing SC to end the regular season. Essentially, Clemson has two weeks to prep for WF.

Clemson is done with their ACC schedule except for hosting WF. They "play" UCONN this week. UCONN is the worst team in FBS. Then, the Tigers host WF before playing SC to end the regular season. Essentially, Clemson has two weeks to prep for WF.

This is exactly what wake should have done. Schedule a shit ooc instead of unc and have two weeks of prep before state.

Dabo took over late 2008.

As noted above, Clemson will beat UConn this week.

After that UConn game - since the beginning of 2011, his third full season, Clemson will be 71-3 at home.

The three home losses have been:

2012 to maybe the best South Carolina team to ever play in Death Valley - Spurrier's peak and the Jadaveon Clowney Heisman hype year;
2013 to eventual undefeated national champ FSU; and
2016 43-42 to unranked Pitt (Clemson probably looking ahead to their game at WF the following week)

This is exactly what wake should have done. Schedule a shit ooc instead of unc and have two weeks of prep before state.

generally, the only ooc games we seem to schedule late season are Army, which makes no sense given the pain in the arse to prepare and then the aftermath of being cut all game; or Notre Dame, who sets their own schedule

2022:
09/01 - VMI
09/10 - at Vanderbilt
09/17 - Liberty
10/08 - Army

2023:
09/02 - Elon
09/09 - Vanderbilt
09/16 - at Old Dominion
10/28 - at Notre Dame

2025:
08/30 - at Liberty
09/06 - Western Carolina
09/13 - at Ole Miss
11/15 - Army

2026:
09/05 - Liberty
09/12 - at Purdue
09/19 - Northern Illinois (until they cancel the game)
11/14 - at Army

we do have an October 2024 game against UConn

If we beat state should we put all of our eggs in the beat bc basket?

Hell no. That would be the weakest thing we could do if our goal is to become a better program.

yeah punting on the game is a ridiculous notion no matter what, but especially given we still do have a chance at the playoff if we win out and get the right breaks — 538s calcs that i love so much give us a 58% chance if we win out — that’s probably a bit high bc from what i can tell, they think we would be very likely to get in over a one-loss ND (which i think is fair) as well as just about any two loss team. but even taking that into account, there’s a chance.

clemp hasn’t lost at home since 2016, would be an amazing win for the program.

I think we’ve been punting on the Clemson game since Clawson got here. Every year it’s vanilla offense and it seems like he just wants to get out without injuries.

You can already see how off anyone was who claimed undefeated WF wouldn't have gotten a CFP bid. Every year, the pundits wildly over-estimate the number of undefeated and one loss teams. UGA will likely go unbeaten, but there might not even by three other Power V teams with one loss by the first week of December.

Agree that even one loss WF has a decent chance at a CFP bid. There still so many dominos that will fall. Very good chance that the Pac 12 and Big 10 champs will have 2 losses, and OU will have at least one loss. If Cincy had played any team with a pulse, they would've had a loss; they still could lose before the end of the season; however their schedule is a joke. Think Bama will probably lose again too. Hate to think about all of that because WF pissed away the game this past week. Winning at Clemson will be very tough, but if WF finished the year beating State, winning at Clemson, at BC, and then winning the ACCCG, 12-1 WF would need some breaks, but a bid is not outside the realm of reasonable possibility. So, yes, WF goes all out to beat Clemson.

We are beat up. Would i risk bring back a player at 80% against CL if you could have them the following week for a much more winnable BC game that would get us to Charlotte with 10 regular season wins? I know what I woul do

Back