• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Also, full disclosure I thought that was a pretty badass clip.

Shake that UNC debacle off. This Saturday vs State is the biggest game we've had since 2006 BC.

I saw every real Wake fan in Chapel Hill on Saturday.

Then you surely saw me. If we know each other you should let me know. I only personally know of one poster on the boards as I am townie who grew up at 12 and 13 years old push mowing lawns just to get season tickets. Who sat through the 53-0 FSU at halftime years. Who sat out in the cold rain with dual ear infections and 103 fever watching us beat #13 GT and then got destroyed by the goal post as it came down.

Last edited:
My god James he was sarcastic about that state clip.

It seems like our last 3-4 games against State have been under the lights.

Shake that UNC debacle off. This Saturday vs State is the biggest game we've had since 2006 BC.

This. State has a higher floor but a lower ceiling than UNC. We won’t have to score 70 but will have to score 40-45 and get a few stops. Agreed Leary can’t break tackles like Howell but they have better RB’s than UNC and a better OL. They remind me of our teams 2006-2008 honestly - great defense and offense that controls ball and does just enough to win. I know their defense is depleted - hoping they don’t have size and speed to blow up the RPO. Don’t think they have talent on defense like UNC so hopefully we should be able to get into a rhythm on RPO/mesh. Tarholes were able to get just enough pressure that it disrupted our timing and corners did pretty well in man coverage and dropped in zone to confuse Sam and get those 2 INT’s. We will need to have offense humming in this one.

Did Doeren just dog on Clawson a bit on Packer and Durham?

This. State has a higher floor but a lower ceiling than UNC. We won’t have to score 70 but will have to score 40-45 and get a few stops. Agreed Leary can’t break tackles like Howell but they have better RB’s than UNC and a better OL. They remind me of our teams 2006-2008 honestly - great defense and offense that controls ball and does just enough to win. I know their defense is depleted - hoping they don’t have size and speed to blow up the RPO. Don’t think they have talent on defense like UNC so hopefully we should be able to get into a rhythm on RPO/mesh. Tarholes were able to get just enough pressure that it disrupted our timing and corners did pretty well in man coverage and dropped in zone to confuse Sam and get those 2 INT’s. We will need to have offense humming in this one.

<obligatory the defense was inexcusably atrocious disclaimer>

we got away from RPO a bit against UNC and I don't understand why. UNC could tee off on straight drops and they never really stopped the run game. Hope we stick with RPO vs. State.

<obligatory the defense was inexcusably atrocious disclaimer>

we got away from RPO a bit against UNC and I don't understand why. UNC could tee off on straight drops and they never really stopped the run game. Hope we stick with RPO vs. State.

Gotta believe we didn’t have time for it or we thought we could exploit some some matchups in secondary (which we did a few times)

Targeting Morin in 1 on 1 coverage against a 5 star CB twice with the game on the line before turning it over on downs was not exactly smart play calling or decision making. We had plenty of time at that point to run the fast paced RPO.

Agreed - that’s not a match up we can win.

I am feeling a little better this morning.

Not a lot, but a little.

Also, we need to win a "different way" since I honestly do not see us scoring "40-45" in this game.

Back