• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Jim Phillips better fix shit like this. No way #12 Northwestern vs #16 Purdue would be on Big 10 Network. Or #12 Vandy vs #16 Mississippi State on SECN.

I agree it shouldn't be on ACCN, but SECN has seemed to get plenty of big games (including some with ranked matchups) in recent years.

Just rewatched the 2017 Wake-State game highlights. Same uni combo, great win over a ranked State team. That was a really fun one to attend.

Just did as well. The Kemp forced fumble at the goal line is one of my favorite plays of the Clawson era.

Didn't attend in 2019 but I feel like that 2017 game had a much higher percentage of Deac to State fans than normal. Still remember my freshman year in 03 first game ever as a student and the stands felt 80% red.

Probably doubtful, but anybody got an extra parking pass for tomorrow by chance? BM please.

The big question mark in my mind is Hartman. Our receivers have made such great plays all season long I feel like he genuinely wasn't expecting to throw 2 picks last week. I will be interested to see if he hesitates at all in an attempt to take a little better care of the ball. If we lose the turnover battle we lose the game.

At least one of those interceptions should have been a free play and he still had 7 total touchdowns.

He is the least of my concerns.

I agree it shouldn't be on ACCN, but SECN has seemed to get plenty of big games (including some with ranked matchups) in recent years.

That’s because at any given time there are 6-8 teams in the SEC ranked because it just means more.

Carolina has a pretty good secondary with Duck back. It seemed to me that Wake's receivers had trouble gaining separation last week in the 2nd half. Hence, Sam had a relatively low completion percentage.

Carolina was clearly off-side on Sam's 2nd int. Don't know how the ref could miss this and Clawson didn't either.

We need to stop State's run as best we can, and make Leary beat us.

Stan said on the radio show that Sam is clean shaven now- putting the holes game behind him.

He said he wasn't going to shave until they lost, so that's what he did. It's a shame. It was a sweet beard. Hope he got a haircut too. His hair looked pretty bad.

Hope he gets plenty of love to throwing the Wake all-time record breaking touchdown pass like Pickett got last night for breaking the Pitt passing yards record.

Didn't attend in 2019 but I feel like that 2017 game had a much higher percentage of Deac to State fans than normal. Still remember my freshman year in 03 first game ever as a student and the stands felt 80% red.

Not exaggerating, I know a LOT of NCSU fans who have over the years attended games at our place b/c of closeness/convenience, but after two years ago swore they'd never go to our place again b/c "I'm a jinx/we always lose". And while I'm sure some of those have backed off of that, I've had several tell me the same thing for tomorrow, i.e. "hell no".
I'm guessing we have some Wake folks who went to Chapel Hill the last two years who are now saying the same.

I'm fine if the jinx State fans show up.

Well yeah, they're all big games. It just means more.

No. It'll be like 55/45 unfortunately.

I'm not sure. I've got a couple different groups of friends, who never attend Wake games (not even Homecoming), flying in and coming to this one. Seems like a lot of people circled this on their calendars weeks ago.

After selling out the Duke game with all wake fans there's only gonna be 18000 wake fans in the stands against state in the biggest home game in school history.

I'm not sure. I've got a couple different groups of friends, who never attend Wake games (not even Homecoming), flying in and coming to this one. Seems like a lot of people circled this on their calendars weeks ago.

Yeah, a shit ton of state fans.

Hope I'm wrong.

Back