• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

wasn’t watching but matt james has been a pretty awesome rep for the deacs

Dude’s life looks awesome right now. Him and Tyler Cameron are just doing bro stuff all over like going to the Florida/Georgia game and running the NYC marathon together. Pretty funny for two completely unremarkable Wake football players.

Yeah major FOMO looking at their Instagram reel but they both represent MSD very well. Yeah- not best players on field but always give us some love and can help make us a national brand.

Wake defense gonna show big time tonight. Clawfense moved to the other side this week.

Des and Corso picked us. Lane Train and Kirk picked State. They fucked up Corso's graphic, but strong possibility that he told production he was picking State and just forgot.

Des and Corso picked us. Lane Train and Kirk picked State. They fucked up Corso's graphic, but strong possibility that he told production he was picking State and just forgot.

All the guys on the ACC Network picked State.

You’d think they’d know how poorly State plays at Wake.

Wake hasn’t scored under 35 all year. State’s only scored over 35 against USF and Furman. What do they think will give? Do they think State’s defense will stop one of the top offenses in the country? Do they think State will outscore one of the top offenses in the country?

Including the host who said, “Well all you guys gave respect to State, guess I better pick Wake. Just kidding, I also pick State.”

But the fact is we can’t complain. Have to earn the respect today after last week.

We’ll definitely see what the team is made of today. Biggest home game in school history. Senior day. Let’s get it.

Wake hasn’t scored under 35 all year. State’s only scored over 35 against USF and Furman. What do they think will give? Do they think State’s defense will stop one of the top offenses in the country? Do they think State will outscore one of the top offenses in the country?

I think we have played a closer approximation of state (Cuse) than they have of us. Their D stats are likely a little inflated by opponent. Haven’t played some of the best Os in the league yet.

I believe they are thinking states defense has a better chance of getting enough stops against our offense than our defense will be able to stop their mediocre offense. They may be right.

The bigger the games get and the better the talent are he harder it is for even really good offenses to win with zero help from defense. If we have the same defense we had at unc state will beat us too.

Whatever. If the ACC guys were actually good at their jobs they wouldn't be on the college football equivalent of a public-access station.

I want to believe, but I've got a bad feeling. I'm not sure any amount of hustle or effort in practice or VIBES can fix our defense.

Whatever. If the ACC guys were actually good at their jobs they wouldn't be on the college football equivalent of a public-access station.

Lol they’ve been pretty spot on with us this year. Much better than the “experts” on ESPN. Too little margin of error to win against decent teams with offense only. No matter how good your offense is.

Not to mention states defense is pretty good. I’m sure they will maul our receivers after seeing unc get away with it. Clemson will too. As good as our offense is the tape between our pathetic defense and their offense is more than our offense vs their defense. If we are going to win our defense is going to have to be different. Be more aggressive and less predictable. Blitz on third and long. Load the box and make them make throws and try to put pressure on. Even if it takes eight guys. Yes we will get burned but maybe they won’t score on every play.

Lol they’ve been pretty spot on with us this year. Much better than the “experts” on ESPN. Too little margin of error to win against decent teams with offense only. No matter how good your offense is.

It’s to the point now where I’m feeling the offense has to be perfect to win. It’s a shitty feeling

I have no idea why everyone hates on ACCN. The content is great. If you want the channel you can get the channel. I’ve never once turned on Big 10 Network or SEC Network but I’d assume the content is basically equivalent.

State’s defense is getting entirely too much credit, especially after losing several key players. That said, very difficult to be confident after last week. Expect this to go down to the wire. I do think there’s a small chance that we come out and jump all over them, get a stop or two and roll.

Back