• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Will be interesting to get a look at Ellison as our primary guy tonight.

State’s defense is getting entirely too much credit, especially after losing several key players. That said, very difficult to be confident after last week. Expect this to go down to the wire. I do think there’s a small chance that we come out and jump all over them, get a stop or two and roll.

We had that chance last week when UNC fumbled on their first play. But when we could only get a FG, we gave them back the momentum we had taken. They went down the field and scored. I think if we had gotten a TD there, we may have rolled.

We had that chance last week when UNC fumbled on their first play. But when we could only get a FG, we gave them back the momentum we had taken. They went down the field and scored. I think if we had gotten a TD there, we may have rolled.

Yeah if we could permanently stop talking about last week’s game that would be fantastic.

State’s defense is getting entirely too much credit, especially after losing several key players. That said, very difficult to be confident after last week. Expect this to go down to the wire. I do think there’s a small chance that we come out and jump all over them, get a stop or two and roll.

How much better is state’s d than cuse?

Des and Corso picked us. Lane Train and Kirk picked State. They fucked up Corso's graphic, but strong possibility that he told production he was picking State and just forgot.

Not that it matters, but all his talking was Wake. He tossed out the State is 1-8 in Winston. More likely that the guys in the ESPN truck weren't paying attention.

This. Last week was also on the road against a HOF coach needing a win to get a bowl. For love of Pete- let’s not let Tarholes beat us again- let’s move on. Completely different dynamic this week.

Glad Kirk picked state. Don’t need his kiss of death again this week. The guys on the huddle all picking state shows how big the challenge is today.

This. Last week was also on the road against a HOF coach needing a win to get a bowl. For love of Pete- let’s not let Tarholes beat us again- let’s move on. Completely different dynamic this week.

Hopefully the team will move on. The problem with last week is it wasn’t unexpected. Just our defense finally catching up with us.

Clawson talked about turnovers and beating ourself which is expected but I’m hoping behind the scenes we will see some different approaches to defense. I know we can’t rebuild in one week but we need to be different. If anything is I buy a few cheap stops and give our offense some room. In the end it will be hard to win if state doesn’t make some mistakes. It’s time to admit we can’t hide from our atrocious defense anymore.

Hopefully the team will move on. The problem with last week is it wasn’t unexpected. Just our defense finally catching up with us.

Clawson talked about turnovers and beating ourself which is expected but I’m hoping behind the scenes we will see some different approaches to defense. I know we can’t rebuild in one week but we need to be different. If anything is I buy a few cheap stops and give our offense some room. In the end it will be hard to win if state doesn’t make some mistakes. It’s time to admit we can’t hide from our atrocious defense anymore.

Given our defense, we need some turnovers in this game. Last weekend, I was convinced our problems were all coaching. I re-watched the 2nd half of the UNC game. Yes, I'm into pain and punishment. :) J/K.
While our coaching is suspect on the defensive side, we have some real talent issues to be addressed. Lots of arm tackling. Weak tackling. Slow LBs and a defensive line that gets very little penetration.

Will be there tonight yelling loud for the Deacs but we need some luck on our side to win this game I'm afraid.

I'm going to go ahead and say now that if we tonight it's not because we get lucky.

Given our defense, we need some turnovers in this game. Last weekend, I was convinced our problems were all coaching. I re-watched the 2nd half of the UNC game. Yes, I'm into pain and punishment. :) J/K.
While our coaching is suspect on the defensive side, we have some real talent issues to be addressed. Lots of arm tackling. Weak tackling. Slow LBs and a defensive line that gets very little penetration.

Will be there tonight yelling loud for the Deacs but we need some luck on our side to win this game I'm afraid.

When I hear "you can't arm tackle" what that really means is we were not fast enough to get more than a hand on the ball carrier. Lack of team speed. Think how could this team could be with the 2008 defense.

When I hear "you can't arm tackle" what that really means is we were not fast enough to get more than a hand on the ball carrier. Lack of team speed. Think how could this team could be with the 2008 defense.

That’s not the biggest problem. Guys are just ramming their shoulders into players hoping to knock them down. They are there in plenty of time.

Form tackling is just so so basic. It is absolutely infuriating.

They’re probably roughly equivalent? I mean they have a quality defense but hardly a Clemson-level unit.

That’s what I was thinking. What’s the best O they’ve played? Miami? Louisville?

That’s not the biggest problem. Guys are just ramming their shoulders into players hoping to knock them down. They are there in plenty of time.

Form tackling is just so so basic. It is absolutely infuriating.

eh. Most of the big plays I saw last week we were not in a position to much but throw an arm at them.

Been a looooong time since I've seen this atmosphere at Groves stadium. Unbelievable. Thanks Clawson

Back