• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

are 6-day holds more common now? seems like we rarely had them but maybe I'm misremembering from days when we sucked and we pretty much got the Raycom noon every time with the occasional 3:30 ABC game with FSU.

When will GameDay location for 11/13 be announced?

didn't it used to be the rule that you could only get 6-dayed once per season?

I think it's just more games on tv now. I remember growing up it was a big deal, basketball or football if this was a "tv game". They'd have more timeouts, it would take longer etc, where as now every single game is a tv game, there's more selections they have to make instead of having half the games not even on a network.

I think it's just more games on tv now. I remember growing up it was a big deal, basketball or football if this was a "tv game". They'd have more timeouts, it would take longer etc, where as now every single game is a tv game, there's more selections they have to make instead of having half the games not even on a network.

Plus on streaming, you don't even really care what channel it is.

Never thought I would read a post on these here OGBoards about getting "stuck" on ABC two weeks in a row.

I think Notre Dame at UVA is the favorite for the noon ABC kick. Remember a couple years back ND against us got that slot. I feel like whenever Notre Dame plays a power 5 game televised outside of their NBC package it gets a network channel.

Since we're all speculating...if Wake wins Saturday and State doesn't shit the bed...I'd be surprised if we don't get 3:30 PM or 7:00 PM. For some reason, I'd actually prefer we get 3:30 PM on ABC...

I remember as well. Being a kid in the 90s, seeing the bucket truck camera in the end zone with the espn banner on front of it was surreal. Because it didn’t happen often at home for wake other than Jefferson Pilot and Mike the Tarhole Hogwood.

(For this exercise I'm assuming we beat UNC and the State game is the pick of the ACC litter...)

It's interesting Fox didn't just make Oklahoma-Baylor an 8 PM kick, though they have erred toward putting their biggest game at noon (though that has largely been with Big Ten games).

If that game is at noon I think we have to at least be in play for primetime ABC because then Fox would surely have a Big Ten game in prime and I wouldn't think ABC would go up against that with another Big Ten game.

If OU-Baylor is in prime though I think we're looking at noon or 3:30, as that would allow ABC to put a Big Ten game in prime

B1G Games with 6-day hold for this day:

Maryland-Mich St
Purdue-Ohio St
Michigan-Penn St

Northwestern-Wisconsin will be on ESPN2, time TBD (losing track of what ESPN2 slots are available)

(For this exercise I'm assuming we beat UNC and the State game is the pick of the ACC litter...)

It's interesting Fox didn't just make Oklahoma-Baylor an 8 PM kick, though they have erred toward putting their biggest game at noon (though that has largely been with Big Ten games).

If that game is at noon I think we have to at least be in play for primetime ABC because then Fox would surely have a Big Ten game in prime and I wouldn't think ABC would go up against that with another Big Ten game.

If OU-Baylor is in prime though I think we're looking at noon or 3:30, as that would allow ABC to put a Big Ten game in prime

Big Ten rarely has prime time games in November unless they are announced prior to the season. Michigan/Indiana was an exception this upcoming week that ended up on FOX in primetime after a 6-day hold, but both schools have to agree to be in primetime if the game is in November. The only logical option would be Michigan/Penn State, but I wouldn't count on it (506 forums seem to confirm that there will be no more BIG Ten games in primetime after this week's Michigan/Indiana game).

With Oklahoma/Baylor off the table for ABC, my best guess is it is between Notre Dame/UVA and NC State/Wake for the ABC primetime game, based on this weekend's results.

Last edited:
Think I have this right...

Remaining windows:
Noon ABC
Noon Fox (not in play for us obviously)
Noon ESPN2
3:30 ABC
3:30 ESPN
3:30 ESPN2
3:30 Fox (same here)
7:30 ABC
7:30 Fox (same here)
7:30 ACC Network

Remaining games:
State-Wake
ND-UVa
Miami-FSU
Okla-Baylor
Iowa State-Texas
TCU-Oklahoma State
Maryland-Mich St
Purdue-Ohio St
Michigan-Penn St
NW-Wisconsin

Last edited:
Big Ten rarely has prime time games in November unless they are announced prior to the season

Right, but if Big Ten prime isn't an option wouldn't they have just gone ahead and put Oklahoma-Baylor in primetime? What else is gonna go there, TCU-Oklahoma State? Doubt it.

Seems like they're at least working to see if maybe they could slip a B1G game in prime

Last edited:
Right, but if Big Ten prime isn't an option wouldn't they have just gone ahead and put Oklahoma-Baylor in primetime? What else is gonna go there, TCU-Oklahoma State? Doubt it.

Seems like they're at least working to see if maybe they could slip a B1G game in prime

Edited because now I see what you are saying.....yeah, I guess they are probably working towards the possibility of a Big Ten game in primetime, so they can feature Oklahoma/Baylor in the FOX Big Noon window, but that may be more trouble than it is worth with how many people have to sign off on that decision this late in the season.

If they can't get a Big 10 game in primetime, and they really want Oklahoma/Baylor at noon, my guess is they would put Iowa State/Texas in primetime on FOX.

Last edited:
Think you're missing my point -- if Fox's only choice for primetime is a Big 12 game (given shitty Pac-12 inventory), why isn't Oklahoma-Baylor already announced at 8 PM? That's by far the best game.

As you note they were just able to get Indiana and Michigan to play in primetime, I wouldn't think one extra week off the calendar would make that much of a difference. And it would really help Fox out -- something like Penn St-Michigan or Ohio State-Purdue combined with Oklahoma-Baylor (looking like the game of the week which Fox likes to have at noon) is a much tastier 12/8 doubleheader than Oklahoma-Baylor and TCU-Oklahoma State. Maybe that's the way the cookie crumbles but Fox would certainly be interested in getting a Big Ten game I'm sure

Think you're missing my point -- if Fox's only choice for primetime is a Big 12 game (given shitty Pac-12 inventory), why isn't Oklahoma-Baylor already announced at 8 PM? That's by far the best game.

As you note they were just able to get Indiana and Michigan to play in primetime, I wouldn't think one extra week off the calendar would make that much of a difference. And it would really help Fox out -- something like Penn St-Michigan or Ohio State-Purdue combined with Oklahoma-Baylor (looking like the game of the week which Fox likes to have at noon) is a much tastier 12/8 doubleheader than Oklahoma-Baylor and TCU-Oklahoma State. Maybe that's the way the cookie crumbles but Fox would certainly be interested in getting a Big Ten game I'm sure

FOX usually doesn't want their best game in primetime, they want it at noon. However, lots of competing interests (Big Ten's desire to not have night games in November, Oklahoma's desire to not have yet another huge home game kick at noon, like the Nebraska game earlier this year, which they were very vocally against at the time). I'm sure there is a lot of politicking going on behind the scenes.

Game is @ Baylor so that's at least one variable slightly off the table. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out, hope Deacs take care of biz and we can get as primo a spot as possible. And night time kick would be great for my schedule selfishly

Back