• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Hahaha.....a top twenty team. State will not be in the top 25 after tonight with 3 losses. No chance. They suck. We were lucky they do. While I appreciate Clawson being honest about how we win, I don't appreciate the fact that he seems to accept it, and coaches like it. Rushing 3 on State's last drive was madness. All we needed was one stop, 1 sack, or getting them to use their timeouts before scoring, but he couldn't wrap his mind around that. He had so little belief he was hoping the clock would run out before we gave the game away.

Did App have a game today? Must have missed it.

Maybe too soon and should enjoy the victory, but very concerned about Roberson, Williams, CBS and ability to win one of the next two

Hahaha.....a top twenty team. State will not be in the top 25 after tonight with 3 losses. No chance. They suck. We were lucky they do. While I appreciate Clawson being honest about how we win, I don't appreciate the fact that he seems to accept it, and coaches like it. Rushing 3 on State's last drive was madness. All we needed was one stop, 1 sack, or getting them to use their timeouts before scoring, but he couldn't wrap his mind around that. He had so little belief he was hoping the clock would run out before we gave the game away.

You are the worst “fan” ever. Fuck off forever. I don’t care how few fans we have, I’m fine with one less if you’ll find some other team to “root for.”

Reading PP for the tears and saw this surprising stat. I know we’ve had their number at home, but dang.

So now the Pack is 2 and 11 in Winston the last 24 years.

Pathetic Fake injuries by state were beyond insane. State deserves shame for that sick attempt to slow our drives. #99's pinky is states MVP

We played a D+ game on offense and still won. LOL State

Just me or was Clawson a little emotional in the on-field interview after the game? Maybe he was just worn out from yelling at the refs.

Just me or was Clawson a little emotional in the on-field interview after the game? Maybe he was just worn out from yelling at the refs.

He was definitely emotional compared to most interviews I have heard him do. I think there's a real connection amongst this group of guys. One more win and it's a very special season

Reading PP for the tears and saw this surprising stat. I know we’ve had their number at home, but dang.

Yes. It started with a Thursday night game in 97. I was there. Very close back and forth. Wake got a fg late that should have been the winner. State flew down the field and tied it. But left just about time for a few passes and wake got the walk off kick. Feels like it was yesterday.

Agreed - most emotional I’ve seen him this year. Let’s be honest - that was a rollercoaster and emotional game - even for us - Longest 4.5 hours of my life- can’t imagine how much it wore out Dave.

Really good improvement by defense. Except when we play not to give up a TD, and rush 3, zero pressure on a non mobile QB, and get picked apart at the end of the half and game. 21 of their points inside last 3 minutes of 1st and 2nd half.

Hartman was tough. He played better than stats indicate. Turnovers were bad, but there were a lot of dropped passes.

Special Teams needs to figure it out. Missed FG, two kick Returns, and Onside that could have been called either way usually lose you a game.

Just saying the 'defense' gave up two TD with about 70 yards of filed total thanks to the KO team, add in the KO return and the defense on a full field gave up 21 points, which was 2 FG, 2 TD and one 2pt conversion.

I'm the first to trash out defense, they were terrible against UNC and Army, but they gave up one normal TD, with the 2nd being in prevent up by 10 which is a coaching decision on how we are going to play it.

Overall the defense gave us what we needed to win.

Yeah, the D did a hell of a job tonight and we all knew they'd need to if the O was off its game. Lyle can stay :)

I know there is no love for the ACCN here, but would ESPN interview Hartman, Clawson and do a story on whether Wake or Auburn rolled trees first?

Shoutout to the shirtless moron State fans near me doing a Let’s Go Brandon chant

I know there is no love for the ACCN here, but would ESPN interview Hartman, Clawson and do a story on whether Wake or Auburn rolled trees first?

Actually, I think the post-game has been fantastic.

Good thing our offense stunk tonight against the 5th ranked scoring defense in the country (16 pts/gm). Just imagine how much we would have scored if the offense had been on.

Perspective, 45 points against a top 10 defense is pretty good.

Back