Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1813

Thread: #16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

I'm giving the game ball to morin. Guy had some huge returns that made the difference last night. That kickoff return to the 50 or state's 45 with 30 seconds left to set up the field goal before half was the winning play of the night.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwill24 View Post
    I'm giving the game ball to morin. Guy had some huge returns that made the difference last night. That kickoff return to the 50 or state's 45 with 30 seconds left to set up the field goal before half was the winning play of the night.
    Heís very underrated. He has great hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I really want to take an Uber to the Kimpton hotel and have a few words with Hasselback at the hotel bar
    What did Hasselback say last night?

The absolute best part of beating State is all their triggered fans who scream about how they should NEVER lose to Wake Forest EVER!!1!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    The absolute best part of beating State is all their triggered fans who scream about how they should NEVER lose to Wake Forest EVER!!1!!
    Yet they keep losing in Winston season after season.

Well last night makes what, 4 out of the last 5, so??????
    boorish ruffian

Half of their fan base has not seen a conference championship in their lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    Half of their fan base has not seen a conference championship in their lifetime
    Its got to kill the big state schools fanbases that the 2 most recent ACC titles won by the Big 4 teams reside in Winston and Durham.
    boorish ruffian

Losers from loser school lose game. When do you think they'll publish the parade route for State's weed wacker bowl victory over Tulsa?

Dickie Hemric
    The refs didnít give this to Wake at the endÖit was the right call. Fortunately.

Chapman had a couple of clutch catches essential to the win.

Lots of key plays made last night without which we likely lose. Made for an excruciatingly exciting game.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Thinking about that drive in the fourth quarter that took 6:20 off the clock and ended with 6. Thatís what great teams do. Not good, great.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    The refs didnít give this to Wake at the endÖit was the right call. Fortunately.

Chapman had a couple of clutch catches essential to the win.

Lots of key plays made last night without which we likely lose. Made for an excruciatingly exciting game.
    Yes on all accounts. It was definitely illegal touching on the onside kick.
    boorish ruffian

I think State may be the only power 5 conference to not win a championship in any of the major menís sports during the last 30 or 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Thinking about that drive in the fourth quarter that took 6:20 off the clock and ended with 6. Thatís what great teams do. Not good, great.
    Agreed- it wasnít that we just scored - it was that we took time off clock. O-line was gashing their D-line on that last drive - it was straight up smash mouth power football. Love the RPO but sometimes you just gotta play straight up ball. Think sometimes we under-estimate our ability to do this. You have to be able to do this to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Looked like the two Wake guys were waiting at the 45 yard line. Ball was headed out of bounds when Person grabbed it. The Wake guys played it as if they were coached to wait for the ball to cross the 45.
    Players should be instructed to attack the ball and just bat it out of bounds game over.

Quote Originally Posted by JKW385 View Post
    Agreed- it wasnít that we just scored - it was that we took time off clock. O-line was gashing their D-line on that last drive - it was straight up smash mouth power football. Love the RPO but sometimes you just gotta play straight up ball. Think sometimes we under-estimate our ability to do this. You have to be able to do this to win a championship.
    I also think part of it was when we get to run a lot of plays it wears down the opposing defense. I think we were over 90 plays last night. That and some of State's defenders were worn out from going down with "injuries" and having to get back up.
    boorish ruffian

In the past 20 years NC State football has been less relevant than Rutgers and their fans think they're next up to be whisked away to the SEC.

As much as I want to complain about wake sometimes, I then remember, there are state fans in the world.
    This is my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Looked like the two Wake guys were waiting at the 45 yard line. Ball was headed out of bounds when Person grabbed it. The Wake guys played it as if they were coached to wait for the ball to cross the 45.
    Yep, you have to go after the ball when it gets close, there is risk you don't catch it cleanly, but the other team can't touch it until you do. If he had waited another second he would have still had a shot at the ball because we were waiting for it to come to us. Just some bad special teams play last night that nearly cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeInAtlanta View Post
    I think State may be the only power 5 conference to not win a championship in any of the major menís sports during the last 30 or 40 years.
    NC State hasn't won the ACC Championsip in either football or basketball since 1987. That's 34 years and counting. One of only two P5 schools who haven't won a major sport conference championship in over 30 years.

Wake has three ACC Championships since then. One football and two basketball.