• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

They played Mo Bamba by Sheck Wes quite a bit on big 3rd downs. Got the sidelines and students (and me) hype for sure. I also like the NFL Films theme with the super aggressive chimes. That's been a staple since the Orange Bowl year.

They also play Johnny Cash, "God's gonna cut you down" on 3rd downs. Slower, eerie and I freaking love it. The Music this year was amazing, kept the fans involved.

Agreed- it wasn’t that we just scored - it was that we took time off clock. O-line was gashing their D-line on that last drive - it was straight up smash mouth power football. Love the RPO but sometimes you just gotta play straight up ball. Think sometimes we under-estimate our ability to do this. You have to be able to do this to win a championship.

This is it, hasn't been discussed enough. The O-Line took over the game in the 4th. State's Defense was completely gassed, and Wake knew it. Smash mouth football at that time of the game was the perfect set, State had no chance of stopping it. As a whole, Wake's OL has been outstanding all year.

This is it, hasn't been discussed enough. The O-Line took over the game in the 4th. State's Defense was completely gassed, and Wake knew it. Smash mouth football at that time of the game was the perfect set, State had no chance of stopping it. As a whole, Wake's OL has been outstanding all year.

Totally agree on the quality of the OL this year. That’s one thing that gives me hope that things could look different than prior years against Clemson.

First game I've been to at Wake in quite a while - it really is incredible what Clawson and the leadership of Wake Athletics have built. Tailgates were everywhere, stadium was packed, all the upgrades and production values across the entire game were awesome. Students packed their section despite senior 5th, crazy game and a huge win... Already planning visits for next year. The product compared to even some of the good Grobe years is really unbelievable. It's not just that we're good - although that certainly helps - the end-to-end experience is just on another planet now. Really impressed.

First game I've been to at Wake in quite a while - it really is incredible what Clawson and the leadership of Wake Athletics have built. Tailgates were everywhere, stadium was packed, all the upgrades and production values across the entire game were awesome. Students packed their section despite senior 5th, crazy game and a huge win... Already planning visits for next year. The product compared to even some of the good Grobe years is really unbelievable. It's not just that we're good - although that certainly helps - the end-to-end experience is just on another planet now. Really impressed.

Great to hear. I haven't been to a home game in many years now (would have gone this fall but for unvaccinated kids) and also have a trip planned for next season. Can't wait.

Half of their fan base has not seen a conference championship in their lifetime

Neither State nor Carolina have won an ACC football title since 1979 & 1980 yet the 2 little ole private schools have won the last two from in-state schools in 1989 & 2006! That just galls them both!

I love our stadium atmosphere. Feels like one big party to me.

I love truist. And we've made huge strides since I was a student. But it's still not that great. I'd love seatbacks for everyone. A metal bleacher is just lol bad. And uncomfortable

Agreed. Would love to see some work on Bridger and get that whole thing (seating)enclosed/updated with something permanent. Also at times I wish they would add seats to Deacon Hill.

Why do we need more seats? We are 9-1 and barely selling out against a team that brings a shit ton of fans. If you want to do something at Bridger I guess that’s fine. Leave the hill. It’s a fixture and people love it. And it doesn’t look bad when it’s not full.

Make the stadium nicer. Make the player facilities nicer. No need for more seating.

I don’t want to see anything that eliminates Deacon Hill. I can’t wait to take my kids to sit there.

I was hoping this year would be the first but thanks to all the mouth breathers in this country that didn’t happen.

Its funny being one of the older crowd on this board I think, it seems not that long ago Bridger was rebuilt and then I realize its over 25 years ago, lol!

Ok. What is the song that blares from our Jumbotron when the opponent has third down. It’s in my head and I can’t get it out !!!!!!

I think they'll play "For Whom The Bell Tolls" - Metallica, often on 3rd down.

Agreed. Would love to see some work on Bridger and get that whole thing (seating)enclosed/updated with something permanent. Also at times I wish they would add seats to Deacon Hill.

I would love to not have so many state fans in Bridger next time.

Why do we need more seats? We are 9-1 and barely selling out against a team that brings a shit ton of fans. If you want to do something at Bridger I guess that’s fine. Leave the hill. It’s a fixture and people love it. And it doesn’t look bad when it’s not full.

Make the stadium nicer. Make the player facilities nicer. No need for more seating.

I don’t think we need seats on the hill, but we definitely need more security to keep drunk visiting fans from cursing people out and standing in huge mobs at the field level blocking families from watching the game. Wake could do with some more rules regarding that section so that it remains family friendly even for highly attended games.

I don’t want to see anything that eliminates Deacon Hill. I can’t wait to take my kids to sit there.

I was hoping this year would be the first but thanks to all the mouth breathers in this country that didn’t happen.

The hill are usually the first season tickets to sell out and it’s almost always full and lively. Parents absolutely love it. It’s the best value in sports and seems like a blast.

From PackPride. These people really are insane.

“ That they were ranked matters not. The game should have been won by us.

Now, late in the Season WF does have one hell of an advantage at Truist because their field turf gets slick when the temperature drops at night.

I thought Chris Dunn's plant foot slips a little on his shank and on several runs Knight and Pearson seemed to lose traction and speed on a cut.

It's not a massive advantage, but it's there, and I never saw Wake slip like that. When the sun in shining on the field it will not be an issue, it's something that happens at night.”

Would love to know the techniques Clawson is teaching that allows our players to master that slick turf. Dude really thinks of EVERYTHING.

Back