Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181868788899091
Results 1,801 to 1,813 of 1813

Thread: #16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Wow. That was their first NCAA championship since the Cardiac Pack?

Wake has at least a dozen team and individual NCAA championships over that stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDeac View Post
    NCSU fans (and there's a lot of them) at my church today were very congratulatory, and I certainly returned the favor for their taking down the Holes. As much as I'm sure they wanted us to lose to get them to the championship, no way they were going to let our game take away from what they pulled out of their asses on Friday night. Consensus was that it's a great weekend to be a Deac or Pack fan.
    Yup. I talk crap about State but they share that one common bond with us, Carolina hatred.

It's a long list of programs that have either made a conference championship game or a BCS/New Year's Six Bowl, and it includes the likes of UConn, Duke and Kansas.

NC State, however, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    It's a long list of programs that have either made a conference championship game or a BCS/New Year's Six Bowl, and it includes the likes of UConn, Duke and Kansas.

NC State has never made an appearance in a major bowl. Best they have done is Gator Bowl and Peach Bowl, before it was as big as it is now.

The Pumpfaker
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Wow. That was their first NCAA championship since the Cardiac Pack?

Wake has at least a dozen team and individual NCAA championships over that stretch.
    Don't forget the clogging and bass fishing titles.

Quote Originally Posted by LilburnDeac View Post
    NC State has never made an appearance in a major bowl. Best they have done is Gator Bowl and Peach Bowl, before it was as big as it is now.
    And one of their highest-ranked teams to make the Peach Bowl (#21) subsequently got beat by ECU. LOL.

And one of their highest-ranked teams to make the Peach Bowl (#21) subsequently got beat by ECU. LOL.
    ECU fans tearing down State's goalposts when they beat Miami was also a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by LilburnDeac View Post
    This is why itís so comical when their fans go off the deep end about how they should NEVER lose to Wake Forest in ANY sport. Calm down idiots, you havenít done anything noteworthy in athletics in my literal lifetime (born in Ď86).

Just Another Attorney TripleDeacon's Avatar
    I was at that game!

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    This is why itís so comical when their fans go off the deep end about how they should NEVER lose to Wake Forest in ANY sport. Calm down idiots, you havenít done anything noteworthy in athletics in my literal lifetime (born in Ď86).
    They haven't won anything important since winning the 1987 ACC Basketball Tournament.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    They made the CWS last season. They won the last two women's hoops ACC championships and another in 1991. They won the ACC baseball championship in 1992. That's it for football, men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball ACC championships since 1987.

That's really sad. I don't know how they remain so confident with so little evidence to back it up.

They have one men's soccer championship in 1990 and a women's championship in 1988.

Winning those two women's hoops championships and making the CWS may be the greatest stretch in NC State sports.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 11-30-2021 at 09:33 PM.

And they got bounced out of the CWS in just the most Wolpfack way possible.