• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

So a "non-running QB" is a QB who can still hurt a bad defense in space. Still seems like something to worry about.

So a "non-running QB" is a QB who can still hurt a bad defense in space. Still seems like something to worry about.

He’s not a dual-threat. Let’s put it that way. Jesus you are talking in circles. “There’s no such thing as a non-running QB”…….”Leary is the only ACC QB with negative rush yards on the year.”

Does he have a pulse? Yeah, he can move, but his season high for rushing yards on the year is 7 against Furman.

There shouldn't be a drop off, we're 8-1 and ranked in the top 15, if we've got fans that bail after yesterday they're pathetic and screw them!

I think it's less about fans bailing and more about the fact that for the Duke game we had thousands of alumni back in town that would not have normally been at the game. It's also really hard to build up support among the casual fan when we're no longer chasing the playoff. I'm now realizing that the system is broken when fans feel like there is nothing to play for after a single loss. One loss shouldn't be so deflating. Conference championships should be a bigger deal and in my opinion the playoff should be scrapped in favor of the exact system we ditched it for. How can it be that just over half way through the season 80%+ of FBS teams have literally nothing but pride or eligibility for some ridiculously named bowl game to play for?

Agree that homecoming helped vs Duke but for someone like me who has been around for a while this is an amazing opportunity to see us do something we have hardly ever done in the history of the football program - win an acc championship. We have been so terrible for so many years in football, people should embrace this game and show up Saturday night, which they will.

taking the relative noise levels of students vs. casual fans into account, senior fifth will hurt the home crowd support for the Deacs much worse than the loss to UNC

You people are blowing this Senior Fifth thing out of proportion. If Wake has 1,000 seniors, how many do you think will actually partake in the Senior Fifth program ? About half ? So that's 500 students. Well over half of those will still make it into the game.

On top of that, the students who make it to the parking lot are the ones most likely to attend the game. So if attendance sucks on Saturday night, blame the dorks who are studying in the library, not the people who made it to the parking lot.

BTW, Senior Fifth usually takes place against Duke or some other middling ACC opponent in a bigtime WGAF game where Wake is trying to get its sixth or seventh win, having already lost to Clemson by five or six touchdowns in week five. Playing an important game in November could have an effect on attendance.

I think it's less about fans bailing and more about the fact that for the Duke game we had thousands of alumni back in town that would not have normally been at the game. It's also really hard to build up support among the casual fan when we're no longer chasing the playoff. I'm now realizing that the system is broken when fans feel like there is nothing to play for after a single loss. One loss shouldn't be so deflating. Conference championships should be a bigger deal and in my opinion the playoff should be scrapped in favor of the exact system we ditched it for. How can it be that just over half way through the season 80%+ of FBS teams have literally nothing but pride or eligibility for some ridiculously named bowl game to play for?

It's going to be packed. It's the biggest game at Wake in 15 years, and all the families that can't make noon and afternoon games because of youth soccer, baseball, etc. will be able to attend.

This has me concerned.

“Everybody want to be a beast until it is time to do what beasts do.”

This has me concerned.

“Everybody want to be a beast until it is time to do what beasts do.”

I’ve been a Wake fan for over 30 years so I’ve learned not to have good things happen, but I’m not even sure you are a Wake fan. You are by far the most anti-Wake Wake fan I’ve ever seen. Everything has you concerned. We may lose Saturday but State won’t win the ACC even if they make it they don’t have the offensive horses to compete with Pitt. And I smile a little bit knowing that.

I’ve been a Wake fan for over 30 years so I’ve learned not to have good things happen, but I’m not even sure you are a Wake fan. You are by far the most anti-Wake Wake fan I’ve ever seen. Everything has you concerned. We may lose Saturday but State won’t win the ACC even if they make it they don’t have the offensive horses to compete with Pitt. And I smile a little bit knowing that.

Wait, why does this post make Biff and anti-wake fan?

Did you have a good time at the game Saturday jamesda ? I'm not sure I saw you there.

How many state players come from the hood anyway? Does the speech resonate with 5% of the team?

It’s not that post particularly is a collective you can’t tell me you don’t notice it.

I mean Biff is Biff and we’re all tired of Georgia but I don’t think I’ve ever questioned his loyalty. But tbf most of my interaction with him happens on the pit so there’s a fair chance I’m wrong.

Biff, do you hate Wake Forest?

I guess I’m just gonna keep quoting njdeac too. I must’ve really been impacted by that post.

I saw every real Wake fan in Chapel Hill on Saturday.

Back