• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

You’d think an engineering school could figure out a solution.

From PackPride. These people really are insane.

“ That they were ranked matters not. The game should have been won by us.

Now, late in the Season WF does have one hell of an advantage at Truist because their field turf gets slick when the temperature drops at night.

I thought Chris Dunn's plant foot slips a little on his shank and on several runs Knight and Pearson seemed to lose traction and speed on a cut.

It's not a massive advantage, but it's there, and I never saw Wake slip like that. When the sun in shining on the field it will not be an issue, it's something that happens at night.”

It is called dew

Reminds me of Gregg Jones of FSU complaining about our grass being too high in like 2002 and didn’t allow him to make cuts - turfmonster is back! What’s next - Doeren complains about smoke from guys running out on field like Coach K complaining about Deacon Motorcycle?

I, for one, want to credit our field turf team for coming up with a distinct advantage for near freezing night games in November when Wake is undefeated in the ACC. Good looking out.

I, for one, want to credit our field turf team for coming up with a distinct advantage for near freezing night games in November when Wake is undefeated in the ACC. Good looking out.

Truly unprecedented foresight.

Now, late in the Season WF does have one hell of an advantage at Truist because their field turf gets slick when the temperature drops at night.

I thought Chris Dunn's plant foot slips a little on his shank and on several runs Knight and Pearson seemed to lose traction and speed on a cut.

It's not a massive advantage, but it's there, and I never saw Wake slip like that. When the sun in shining on the field it will not be an issue, it's something that happens at night.”

Good lord that's one of those dumbest things I've ever read.

Why do we need more seats? We are 9-1 and barely selling out against a team that brings a shit ton of fans. If you want to do something at Bridger I guess that’s fine. Leave the hill. It’s a fixture and people love it. And it doesn’t look bad when it’s not full.

Make the stadium nicer. Make the player facilities nicer. No need for more seating.

We should actually reduce the seating capacity by making all the seats chair backs, except for the student sections. It is like that in Chapel Hill, which is the only thing better about their stadium. Otherwise everything about Groves is superior.

We should actually reduce the seating capacity by making all the seats chair backs, except for the student sections. It is like that in Chapel Hill, which is the only thing better about their stadium. Otherwise everything about Groves is superior.

Agreed. And btw Turd, I wasn't advocating for adding more seats to the capacity, I was thinking about adding seats to the existing capacity on the hill and just wondered what it would look like.

Agreed. And btw Turd, I wasn't advocating for adding more seats to the capacity, I was thinking about adding seats to the existing capacity on the hill and just wondered what it would look like.

I think math is like you lose 20% of the seats if you do chair-backs. I say you put them everywhere except student section. I would suggest you just take capacity down slightly (would only be a few thousand) and add in permanent seats in front of field house or some seats on top of the hill.

I think making the hill more narrow, and extending the stadium seating around the bend on both sides would be the best way to do that, because the view from those angles is heavily obstructed on the hill by the stands, there is also no shade from the video board at those angles for the hotter summer games.

I remember back in the 80's and 90's when they had bleachers at the top of the hill.

I think math is like you lose 20% of the seats if you do chair-backs. I say you put them everywhere except student section. I would suggest you just take capacity down slightly (would only be a few thousand) and add in permanent seats in front of field house or some seats on top of the hill.

Everywhere but the student section and visitors section too, right? Field house seats and suites makes sense.

I've been telling you guys for over a year that it was only a matter of time until someone caught onto this. The way Dave Clawson can manage the weather so that dew only forms on grass in Winston-Salem is truly amazing. Absolutely brilliant. Seated at the right hand of God.

Just re-watched it. The defense held State to 75 yards on the ground. If not so special teams don’t happen, Wake wins this by 3 tds. State never moved the ball until wake was in the prevent in the second half. All
of that with Hartman and Perry having their worst games of the year. Its crystal clear who the better team was. Now, lets go beat Clemson!

Last edited:
Did they make an announcement after the first TD that Hartman now has the most passing TDs in school history?

Nope but Jeffrey spent almost 3 quarters calling State passes attempted by Tyler Baker-Williams because he and Leary both wear 13. I could blame his 2 spotters but damn JG, the guy has been State’s QB for 2 years. And nobody up there corrected him for 2 hrs.

I've been telling you guys for over a year that it was only a matter of time until someone caught onto this. The way Dave Clawson can manage the weather so that dew only forms on grass in Winston-Salem is truly amazing. Absolutely brilliant. Seated at the right hand of God.

And only under State players feet. Pitiful whining.

Agreed. Would love to see some work on Bridger and get that whole thing (seating)enclosed/updated with something permanent. Also at times I wish they would add seats to Deacon Hill.

I want to see rows of black and gold seating

Back