• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Never take the number 99. Equals Pussy.

wayne-gretzky-and-evening-with-the-great-one.jpg

Different sport, but this 99 was pretty good, and not really a pussy.

Official number for the 99-lb weakling club.

Which led Hasselturd to opine, "I guess Morin just doesn't have enough speed."

Morin has plenty of speed, just hard to outrun a guy with the angle and the sideline.

Hasselback just doesn't seem smart. One State's last TD drive, they were inside the 20 and he said he thought they should kick the field goal right then, since they needed a TD and a field goal, to preserve as much time on the clock as possible. Now, think about that. They were inside the 20, so in what world would it make sense to kick the FG in that good of field position, when then they would have to onside kick, if recovered get the ball at their own 45 and have to drive 55 yards for the TD? If you get the TD first, then you get the onsides kick at around your own 45, you only need to drive 20 yards or so to be in range for the game tying field goal. State's kicker has a career long of 65 they said, so they probably didn't even need 20 yards. I just thought that was very odd and dumb and his partner's silence when he was saying that seemed to say, what in hell is he thinking?

Last edited:
Morin has plenty of speed, just hard to outrun a guy with the angle and the sideline.

Hasselback just doesn't seem smart. One State's last TD drive, they were inside the 20 and he said he thought they should kick the field goal right then, since they needed a TD and a field goal, to preserve as much time on the clock as possible. Now, think about that. They were inside the 20, so in what world would it make sense to kick the FG in that good of field position, when then they would have to onside kick, if recovered get the ball at their own 45 and have to drive 55 yards for the TD? If you get the TD first, then you get the onsides kick at around your own 45, you only need to drive 20 yards or so to be in range for the game tying field goal. State's kicker has a career long of 65 they said, so they probably didn't even need 20 yards. I just thought that was very odd and dumb and his partner's silence when he was saying that seemed to say, what in hell is he thinking?

That really was over of the dumber opines from him.

Some meatheads think it’s impossible for a punter or kicker to play their lane, get a good angle, and make a play. It was a good play.

The assumption of Morin being slow couldn't possibly be related to him being... nah. No chance.

Also, it's possible for a guy with strong legs and a decent amount of coordination to be able to run a little, even if he is just a kicker.

I heard them say 65 yard was his long and I thought to myself , "that's bullshit". A 65 yarder would be one of the longest field goals ever kicked in either college or pro football. So I looked it up and his career long is 53 yards. No idea how they came up with that one.

I heard them say 65 yard was his long and I thought to myself , "that's bullshit". A 65 yarder would be one of the longest field goals ever kicked in either college or pro football. So I looked it up and his career long is 53 yards. No idea how they came up with that one.

Yeah, I thought that sounded crazy too, as much football as I watch I think I would've heard that mentioned about their kicker before, but I guess I thought they must be right. BTW, I hated so bad Nick missed that 53 yarder, he had it right online and it would've looked good on his NFL resume.

Probably a pre game or practice best. It's the very rare situation where the kicker would get the chance to try a kick that long in a game considering a likely miss would give the opposing team the ball near midfield.

that's his longest punt of the year

Probably a pre game or practice best. It's the very rare situation where the kicker would get the chance to try a kick that long in a game considering a likely miss would give the opposing team the ball near midfield.

Was it the Texas Tech kicker that hit a 63 yarder for the win Saturday?

announcers are always saying how someone made a 62-yarder in pregame even if they never come close to attempting something like that in game

Back