• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Yeah, NFL want a guy that have mid-50's leg strength, but also a guy that can kickoff into the endzone as well. Shame, the kid is money and the 52 yarder was right down the pipe too.

I'd take him on the Saints today.

Yeah, NFL want a guy that have mid-50's leg strength, but also a guy that can kickoff into the endzone as well. Shame, the kid is money and the 52 yarder was right down the pipe too.

Are we even sure he hit that ball in the center? Looked like he hit it fat like I tend to do with a pitching wedge hah.

Are we even sure he hit that ball in the center? Looked like he hit it fat like I tend to do with a pitching wedge hah.

I mean he may have not gotten all of it, I've always gotten impression though that his range pretty much maxes out in the low 50's. And yeah, I can relate to the fat, chunky, heavy, etc. wedge.:thumbsup:

Rewatching the game in between work meetings this morning. Zion Keith really struggles - at everything. The late 2nd quarter TD to Carter was on him, and the TD return to start the 2nd half was right up his lane with him lying face first on the ground. Also, the jump pass would be wide open, if we ever run it out of the wildcat (though I don't like that formation). I think AT will come back huge against Clemson. Hartman wasn't necessarily on point, but he threw probably 5-6 more balls to AT, including a couple deep shots, that absolutely should have been caught.

Rewatching the game in between work meetings this morning. Zion Keith really struggles - at everything. The late 2nd quarter TD to Carter was on him, and the TD return to start the 2nd half was right up his lane with him lying face first on the ground. Also, the jump pass would be wide open, if we ever run it out of the wildcat (though I don't like that formation). I think AT will come back huge against Clemson. Hartman wasn't necessarily on point, but he threw probably 5-6 more balls to AT, including a couple deep shots, that absolutely should have been caught.

Not to pile on the kid, but he gave up Emezie's 2nd TD and Carter's final TD as well. There just has to be a better option. He gave up 3 TDs in one game, and blew contain on at least one kickoff, leading to a TD.

Not to pile on the kid, but he gave up Emezie's 2nd TD and Carter's final TD as well. There just has to be a better option. He gave up 3 TDs in one game, and blew contain on at least one kickoff, leading to a TD.

I mean he's a nickel who was playing CB for the first (?) time all year in the most important game of the year. Of course he got burnt multiple times. But he had some decent plays too, I believe he was the guy who prevented the first KO return from being a TD, and he had a few plays while on Emezie. I don't know how much you can expect from a guy playing out of position against a top 5 passing QB in the ACC and a really good receiver (Emezie).

With Holmes and Carson out and Ja'Sir apparently a game time decision, it is what it is. Hopefully we get one of the young corners back this week at Clemson.

Wtf Taylor is hurt now too? How did I miss that?

Wtf Taylor is hurt now too? How did I miss that?

Apparently he was a game time decision for NC State. He played like 85% of the snaps after sitting out the first series, so I'm sure he will play against Clemson, but he isn't 100% healthy

That’s addition by subtraction unless he plays at less than 100% then it’s a negative plus negative.

Roberts was an awesome surprise. I know “trust in Clawson” and all, but seems like some of the other young guys (or transfers) might warrant some PT over Keith. Not sure how much Dave manages defensive personnel decisions, and we can all agree that Hemphill has not earned the trust of the fanbase on his decisions (despite calling a pretty solid ~50 min of football vs. State).

Apparently he was a game time decision for NC State. He played like 85% of the snaps after sitting out the first series, so I'm sure he will play against Clemson, but he isn't 100% healthy

Okay that makes sense. Starting to feel like we really need this game honestly. Injuries are starting to pile up and we definitely don’t want the pressure of an all-or-nothing game against BC.

Roberts was an awesome surprise. I know “trust in Clawson” and all, but seems like some of the other young guys (or transfers) might warrant some PT over Keith. Not sure how much Dave manages defensive personnel decisions, and we can all agree that Hemphill has not earned the trust of the fanbase on his decisions (despite calling a pretty solid ~50 min of football vs. State).

Is Wingfield also hurt? I feel like I saw somewhere that all 4 of the 2 deep at CB had injuries of some kind (Taylor, Carson, Holmes, Wingfield)

If that's the case, I don't know who you are advocating should have been out there instead of Keith. A true freshman who hasn't played all year? A safety? If we weren't also injured at safety (Davis out for the year, Greer) maybe moving someone over to corner would be an option, but that doesn't seem realistic at this point.

Okay that makes sense. Starting to feel like we really need this game honestly. Injuries are starting to pile up and we definitely don’t want the pressure of an all-or-nothing game against BC.

I am loving this.. I would like to have worries at this level every year. I think the Deacs are up to it and a 2-0 finish would not surprise me.

something that may be pertinent is that we're now in the window where a guy could play all remaining games and not burn a redshirt

no idea if that might apply to anybody yet to see the field

something that may be pertinent is that we're now in the window where a guy could play all remaining games and not burn a redshirt

I'm seeing 5 games left on the schedule:

Clemson
BC
ACC Championship game
CFP semifinal
CFP final

no idea if that might apply to anybody yet to see the field

Your math is off. 2 more regular season + 1 ACC champ + 2 CFP playoffs = 5 games.

Clawson did say in the coaches show that he'd start playing some more true freshmen now.

The way last night played out, we got to beat NCState twice in one season. Suck it, Pack!

Back