• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

NCSU fans (and there's a lot of them) at my church today were very congratulatory, and I certainly returned the favor for their taking down the Holes. As much as I'm sure they wanted us to lose to get them to the championship, no way they were going to let our game take away from what they pulled out of their asses on Friday night. Consensus was that it's a great weekend to be a Deac or Pack fan.

Yup. I talk crap about State but they share that one common bond with us, Carolina hatred.

It's a long list of programs that have either made a conference championship game or a BCS/New Year's Six Bowl, and it includes the likes of UConn, Duke and Kansas.

NC State, however, not so much

It's a long list of programs that have either made a conference championship game or a BCS/New Year's Six Bowl, and it includes the likes of UConn, Duke and Kansas.

NC State, however, not so much

NC State has never made an appearance in a major bowl. Best they have done is Gator Bowl and Peach Bowl, before it was as big as it is now.

NC State has never made an appearance in a major bowl. Best they have done is Gator Bowl and Peach Bowl, before it was as big as it is now.

And one of their highest-ranked teams to make the Peach Bowl (#21) subsequently got beat by ECU. LOL.

And one of their highest-ranked teams to make the Peach Bowl (#21) subsequently got beat by ECU. LOL.

ECU fans tearing down State's goalposts when they beat Miami was also a highlight.

This is why it’s so comical when their fans go off the deep end about how they should NEVER lose to Wake Forest in ANY sport. Calm down idiots, you haven’t done anything noteworthy in athletics in my literal lifetime (born in ‘86).

This is why it’s so comical when their fans go off the deep end about how they should NEVER lose to Wake Forest in ANY sport. Calm down idiots, you haven’t done anything noteworthy in athletics in my literal lifetime (born in ‘86).

They haven't won anything important since winning the 1987 ACC Basketball Tournament.

They made the CWS last season. They won the last two women's hoops ACC championships and another in 1991. They won the ACC baseball championship in 1992. That's it for football, men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball ACC championships since 1987.

That's really sad. I don't know how they remain so confident with so little evidence to back it up.

They have one men's soccer championship in 1990 and a women's championship in 1988.

Winning those two women's hoops championships and making the CWS may be the greatest stretch in NC State sports.

Last edited:
And they got bounced out of the CWS in just the most Wolpfack way possible.

Back