• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Is that the first time we’ve rushed the field since the 2006 BC game? I can’t remember another.

Walking into the game there were some State fans next to us snickering about our piece of shit high school stadium. I said to them, hey remember Rivers’s senior year Heisman campaign? It ended in this stadium.

Walking into the game there were some State fans next to us snickering about our piece of shit high school stadium. I said to them, hey remember Rivers’s senior year Heisman campaign? It ended in this stadium.

Nobody ever got shot in the parking lot of our stadium.

What are they even talking about? We have a really nice stadium.

Which is hilarious because, you know, our stadium is pretty fucking awesome.

There was some State fan in her 20s chirping at us while we were waiting in line to get in about how State was going to win, etc etc, and I reminded her of the Pack's track record over the past 20 years or so. Thoughts and prayers to her today

And I'm not gonna comment on all about how huge wake having a 6 minute plus scoring drive in the 4th quarter was to winning that game.

And I'm not gonna comment on all about how huge wake having a 6 minute plus scoring drive in the 4th quarter was to winning that game.

When State scored and we got the ball, I had a calm come over me that this was Sam's and the offense's time to win us this game and I was confident they would.

There was some State fan in her 20s chirping at us while we were waiting in line to get in about how State was going to win, etc etc, and I reminded her of the Pack's track record over the past 20 years or so. Thoughts and prayers to her today

The ones around us were fine, walking out there was one that was taking it pretty hard and being a pretty sore loser or more accurately a whiny B'otch.

When State scored and we got the ball, I had a calm come over me that this was Sam's and the offense's time to win us this game and I was confident they would.

It's good to be able to score quickly. Sometimes it is useful to be able to grind clock and still score touchdowns. Great teams can do both.

It's good to be able to score quickly. Sometimes it is useful to be able to grind clock and still score touchdowns. Great teams can do both.

Exactly that was a great drive, the Oline did some good work on that drive.

Hartman had a really bad game as we all know, but he was money on third down and make some crucial throws at huge moments of game. That and state’s penalty’s were difference in game

OK, I'm ecstatic that we won. But looking back I'm a bit angry at how, as usual, we tried to give the game back to State. Our last score should have salted it away. Instead, as usual, we let them march right down the field and score. OK, but only ten seconds left. We're still OK, right. NO. We give Person a crystal clear shot at the onside kick, and - according to the refs - he misjudges snagging it by a microsecond. It almost seems as if the refs had even had enough of our inept shit. They disallow the recovery, and it kinda felt like they were saying "Fuck you, Wake - we're not letting you do that to your fans." I never want to hear anyone whining about a "ref conspiracy" against us again. It was disproven at the end of the game. PHEW!!!!!! :)

Takeout special teams fiascos and so many wide open dropped passes, this game is not really that close.

State had quite a few dropped passes that really helped us too but yeah our special teams gifted them at least 14 points last night

Looked like the two Wake guys were waiting at the 45 yard line. Ball was headed out of bounds when Person grabbed it. The Wake guys played it as if they were coached to wait for the ball to cross the 45.

I'm giving the game ball to morin. Guy had some huge returns that made the difference last night. That kickoff return to the 50 or state's 45 with 30 seconds left to set up the field goal before half was the winning play of the night.

Back