• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Fire Lyle Hemphill Into the Sun (Durham) Thread

Clawson deserves some blame to be honest. Hemphill and the D overall have been an issue for years.

Joey Galloway was right. The defense is atrocious.

Absolutely not. He needs to be fired on the bus ride home. This shit is horrendous.

Lulz - This performance as Hemphill to a fucking T.

A few semi-competent possessions that his defenders will point to but overall the performance is a joke.

The saddest thing is this isn’t a one-off. Seen it over and over again.

Offense forced to be perfect.

Absolutely unacceptable. People should be fired. They should thank Hartman for keeping their jobs this long.

We’ve been outscored 52-15 the last two 4th quarters vs. Carolina.
And both of those scores were against their prevent defense after they gone up two scores. We had to keep producing on offense and we didn't.

Only Chris would hang these losses on the offense when the defense allows 50+ fucking points

And both of those scores were against their prevent defense after they gone up two scores. We had to keep producing on offense and we didn't.

This defense is absolutely putrid. There is no way around it. A team scores 55 points on the road but needs to score more? Good god o mighty. Come on man!

Bud Foster has been retired for a few years and is still 62. Maybe he is refreshed and ready for a new challenge and a fat check.

would be great to bring in an external DC who can bring some talent in via the transfer portal next year while the offense is still (hopefully) elite with the current players. i’m sure there are scheme issues but the inability to recruit / develop / keep healthy good players on defense is glaring.

At this point I would take an unfinished Bud Foster drink at the bar over Hemphill.

Lyle couldn’t coordinate a cookout before a high school game.

would be great to bring in an external DC who can bring some talent in via the transfer portal next year while the offense is still (hopefully) elite with the current players. i’m sure there are scheme issues but the inability to recruit / develop / keep healthy good players on defense is glaring.

Agree 100% and its not a particularly hard sell either. We don't even have to be good on defense, mediocre is fine.

well said

4th qtr. was just as disappointing in the 4th qtr. as the defense was. You put up 45 in 2 1/2 qtrs. and only get 3 the rest of the way is pretty poor.

If we're going to keep talking about "good to great"; which I'm totally ok with, we better upgrade from good to great in the DC department. Cause this guy is Danny Manning worthy as a DC. This is just God awful.

Maybe the idiot advanced defensive stat fanbois can shut the fuck up finally.

Back