• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Fire Lyle Hemphill Into the Sun (Durham) Thread

would be absolutely shocked if we did anything publicly at 8-1. it’s not like we can bring on someone externally, so you’d just be giving someone else the responsibility. perhaps there’s some internal shift in responsibilities, but not sure if there are any viable options.

Last time, the defensive analyst got promoted to OLB coach. Our current defensive analyst, Jim Hofher, has been an offensive assistant throughout his career, so I’m not sure if he could step in as a position coach.

Those of you debating whether it's the front 7 or the secondary need to pull your fucking heads out of your asses. It's all of them and the coaches.

Tackling was an obvious issue today, but more than that is we weren't in good position to make a tackle. It's also hard to make a tackle when you give guys a big head of steam before you touch them 10 yards downfield.

Even our former players were asking on Twitter if we practiced tackling drills anymore

Our corners have been somewhat better than expected. jaSir Taylor played better today. The linebackers are just too slow and Anderson is a great reaction time tackler but he can’t keep up with talent in the middle of the field. Holmes will be a loss it looked like he broke his wrist. Shit!

I don’t know. Our schemes may need work, but it’s not obvious me. It’s also very true that our offensive scheme makes it more challenging for our D. We should do something NOW to fix it. Mix it up.

Maybe we should just blitzfrom somewhere different on every play.

I was watching Purdue on D. Same talent level as wake, they seemed to be in better position.

Purdue has the best d-lineman in the country.

Their DC is former WF DC Brad Lambert

Howell killed us today. He can’t play like that every week. He wouldnt make it through the year, but today he punked us. Our guys didn’t physicall6 match him and that set the tone. Their line also holds like crazy.

Remember when a Lambert left us to coach UNCC and now it's the same coach at a lesser program then Wake, when he was at Wake?

Uhhh, I like our trajectory but we are not a better program historically than Purdue. They’ve also beaten two top 5 teams this year. We’ve beaten zero ranked teams.

I need some of you morons to give me some more numbers about how great our defense is. This defense is fucking terrible.

The Army game is the rule, not the aberration.

Uhhh, I like our trajectory but we are not a better program historically than Purdue. They’ve also beaten two top 5 teams this year. We’ve beaten zero ranked teams.

We’ve beaten zero top ten teams in 70 years

Where do you guys think our most glaring weakness is on defense? I think its the d-line. I love Fox, but our d-line has got to really stink for our run defense to be this bad.

This is easy -- Linebackers. They are slow and have been for years.

fwiw, watching live i didn’t think either of those plays were offsides. unc linemen moved but didn’t think they crossed the LOS

dda178f793a4602a44a25d9231f57eec.jpg

Get ur eyes checked you UNC apologist

Both times the holes were clearly offsides.... and they also got away with a couple shots to Sam's head that weren't flagged either. :mad:

f5d70153b10ec350cbfe071b4ed5dfd1.jpg

Shit, Brad White might make Hemphill look like Tom Landry.

He is awful. He needs to be gone forever ago. We should be throwing every penny we have at Brad White.

Back