• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Women's Hoops Thread - Hoover fired after 10 seasons

2021-22 Women's Basketball Thread (11-3 #60 NET): at 7-3 Miami-7 pm ACCNX (ESPN app)

Women play at 6-6 FSU at noon on ACCNX (ESPN app).

ESPN Bracketology has us first four out.

Last edited:
FSU up 44-28 at the half. They came back against FSU before so we’ll see what happens here.

FSU up 44-28 at the half. They came back against FSU before so we’ll see what happens here.

Should we all quickly go back to Jax and order a crapload of seafood to renew those vibes?

Might need to. The pancakes I just had haven’t helped because I watched the Nets and FSU massacre my Spurs and Lady Deacs.

FSU up 55-30 with 5:00 left in the 3rd. Hoover has the bench in. Hell, go ahead and get them on the plane so they can get more sleep before classes start tomorrow.

68-34 after 3. 80-44 with just over 5 left.

Not getting any easier with #20 ND coming to town on Thursday.

87-46 Final. Didn't attempt a single FT on 11 FSU fouls. Obviously, that didn't decide the game, but I'm not sure the last time I saw that.

Last edited:
Hard to find a deciding factor in a 41 point beat down.

Jen Hoover is an awful coach—losing record in her ten years as coach of the Deacons! She, along with Jerry Haas, have no-fire contracts due their MSD diplomas!

I mean, we are 12-4 and made the tourney last year for the first time in 30 years.

I kinda lean squire on this one. Y’all getting blinded by the “manning first four flame out” special ( in year 9! 9!). That was a talented team last year and should have done more. We’ve played no one this year. Solid finish I’ll be convinced but until then I’m skeptical…

2021-22 Women's Basketball Thread (12-4, 2-3)

We’ve played no one but we’re better than expected after losing our two best players. This should be a rebuilding year. It’s not. Jewel Spear is a star. She just needs help so defenses can’t just key on her.

Hoover has the program peaking. It’s a low peak because this is a down program. Could we do better at head coach? Probably but I don’t see firing Hoover unless we go from 12-4 to barely over .500.

We’ve played no one but we’re better than expected after losing our two best players. This should be a rebuilding year. It’s not. Jewel Spear is a star. She just needs help so defenses can’t just key on her.

Hoover has the program peaking. It’s a low peak because this is a down program. Could we do better at head coach? Probably but I don’t see firing Hoover unless we go from 12-4 to barely over .500.

She’s fine, and I’m pleased we have her.

Rebuilding from first four loss? Like that’s the top of the mountain?

There’s no first four in the women’s tournament. Making the tournament then going 12-4 to start the next season is certainly a peak for Wake women’s hoops.

I kinda lean squire on this one. Y’all getting blinded by the “manning first four flame out” special ( in year 9! 9!). That was a talented team last year and should have done more. We’ve played no one this year. Solid finish I’ll be convinced but until then I’m skeptical…

So if the men get selected for the tourney but play in Dayton, we aren’t really in, right? Some of you guys just have an alternate reality.

Was hoping the women would do reasonably well this year so Hoover could argue that the program is still trending upward. Team needs a strong finish to avoid the post-Aloha Bowl Caldwell-style regression to the mean.

Nah that counts of course but barely making it then getting blown out isn’t exactly parade worthy. Feel like y’all basing expectations on past performance when afaik there is no intrinsic reason we can’t have a competitive team year in year out.

Back