• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Women's Hoops Thread - Hoover fired after 10 seasons

Do not expect the women to be good this year. I'd be thrilled with 2-1 in the first 3 against Mercer, Cornell and UNCG.

Oh I don't either. It would take massive improvement simply to get to .500. Last year's team barely got into the tournament and they lost their two best players. I imagine plenty of teams they play actually kept their top players from COVID which is going to increase the talent gap.

By the way, the Jen Hoover show is on the Deac2Deac podcast.

They have a good freshman class and only 1 real senior. They should be better in a couple years but this year won't be great.

Oh I don't either. It would take massive improvement simply to get to .500. Last year's team barely got into the tournament and they lost their two best players. I imagine plenty of teams they play actually kept their top players from COVID which is going to increase the talent gap.

By the way, the Jen Hoover show is on the Deac2Deac podcast.

Are either of the "two best players" playing for another school this season?

Gina Conti grad transferred to UCLA.
Ivana Raca was drafted by the LA Sparks but didn’t make the active roster. She’s playing in Italy now.

Ivana Raca was drafted by the LA Sparks but didn’t make the active roster. She’s playing in Italy now.

Well, if you are going to transfer, why not attend a school with a completely different environment than WF? UCLA checks that box.

Mercer is predicted to win the socon so it would be a nice road win for a young team

Considering how slow we started on the road against the NCAA tournament team from last year nice result.

Conti had foot surgery and is out for at least a few weeks.

2021-22 Women's Basketball Thread

68-55. Morra tied her career high with 19 points. The team had a bad shooting night going 2-19 from deep so even more impressive to get a road win. Mercer was a #16 seed last year. 20-34 inside the arc is very good though.

Last edited:
Good win. We definitely had good schemes and better coaching.

Back