• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Women's Hoops Thread - Hoover fired after 10 seasons

Question...is this correct?

Uconn : Women's recruiting :: Duke : Men's recruiting

South Carolina wins their second national championship. Dawn Staley was one of my favorite players in college. I'm so happy for her.

Dawn Staley is putting together one of the best overall basketball careers of anyone, man or woman. Great player, multiple olympic gold medals, gold medal assistant coach, gold medal head coach, 2 national championships. She is the real deal.

I recorded the post-game while I put the kids to bed. Dawn Staley specifically said ESPN needs some network competition to force them to invest more in the women's game.

That said, ESPN gave them one of the longest post-game celebration shows I've ever seen.

I recorded the post-game while I put the kids to bed. Dawn Staley specifically said ESPN needs some network competition to force them to invest more in the women's game.

That said, ESPN gave them one of the longest post-game celebration shows I've ever seen.

Both can be and are true. Women's basketball doesn't get that much air time during the season. In part, this may happen because of the many non-competitive games, both non-conference and within conferences.

Actually it does across the ESPN platforms. I watched every Wake women’s game that I was around to watch mostly on the app.

I don’t remember the TV deals back in the day but I remember watching Dawn Staley, Tammi Reiss, and the Burge sisters at least a few times a year growing up as well.

ESPN is using the women’s tournament to compete with the men’s tournament and doing a pretty good job. But Staley is right that ESPN needs real competition to force them to improve their products. That true through the Disney corporation.

it didn't help when just minutes before that, Holly Rowe screwed up the MOP presentation and called the best player in Women's basketball the wrong name. It was an honest mistake but still.

2021-22 Women's Hoops Thread (16-17, 4-14)

Yeah. By calling Boston the name of a player she just beat.

Boston seems pretty cool. Delightful personality. I definitely think she’ll be on TV sooner than later.

Sports media are finally figuring out that WNBA players have a lot of time on their hands during the NBA season and are good on camera. And a lot of fans would rather look at Candice Parker, Sue Bird, or Chiney Ogwumike than a random talking head or retired player.

Last edited:
Associate HC Erin Davis just took the William & Mary job. Will be interesting to see who they replace her with.

Last edited:
I'm surprised on multiple levels that it was this year and the timing.

press release it just sounds like sorry you didn't win enough next

Last edited:
She seems displeased:

Last edited:
Remember all the Wake alums saying you can’t hire wake alums or donors because “what do you do if it doesn’t go well.”

Once again, we see that is not a reason not to hire someone. You fire them if it doesn’t work out. It’s ok. Press release. Next.

Wow, some of you guys are vicious. I'm not complaining, maybe she did need to be replaced, but still WOW!

Back