• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Women's Hoops Thread - Hoover fired after 10 seasons

2021-22 Women's Basketball Thread (5-0 Lady Deacs)

I didn’t even bother looking. That’s a good sign. For what it’s worth, the women played higher quality 5 opponents than the men. Charlotte was the CUSA preseason favorite, Mercer was the SoCon favorite. They’re playing High Point, the Big South favorite, right now.

Could be an early and impressive 3-0 against the tourney field.

Up 21-9 vs High Point. Good start after starting slow the last few games.

Spear with 7. Otherwise balanced scoring as usual. It’s on ESPN+ so I’m just following the Gamecast.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely been a pleasant surprise so far.

Cruising against High Point 74-44 with 2:35 left

2021-22 Women's Basketball Thread (5-0 Lady Deacs)

79-50 Final. Hoover gets to empty the bench again. 6-0. First road win. Three 20+ point wins. Five double digit wins.

Spear and Scruggs with 17 pts. Summiel and Morra had 10 and 11 boards.

Any word on Kaia Harrison? Her injury vs ECU didn’t look good.

79-50 Final. Hoover gets to empty the bench again. 6-0. First road win. Three 20+ point wins. Five double digit wins.

Spear and Scruggs with 17 pts. Summiel and Morra had 10 and 11 boards.

Any word on Kaia Harrison? Her injury vs ECU didn’t look good.
Mercer was a road win.

Thanks. Second road win. Lady Deacs are doing work.

UMBC at home on Sat at 4 on ACCNX. I think they’ll be showing the BC game beforehand.

5-0 Nebraska in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Wed at 7:00 on ACCNX.

So happy for the team. They've completely exceed my expectations.

Is this the furthest into the season we have gone with both basketball teams going undefeated?

I think it’s got to be.

Thanksgiving Day and only two losses between football and both basketball teams. Unreal.

Rolling UMBC at the end of the 1st 32-10.

Last edited:
I really thought there would be a major drop off this year. Glad to have been wrong thus far.

Up 53-26 at the half. Scruggs with 14 pts on 5-6 fg, 4-5 3pt. Scruggs hitting from deep is a very good sign. Spear with 10 and Morra with 9.

It's crazy, right? Completely unexpected. It's amazing what a taste of success can do for a program.

Final 94-48.

Five players in double figures. Freshmen Conley and Andrews with 10 each.

Hosting 7-0 Nebraska in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Wednesday at 7:00 on ACCNX. 7-0 vs 7-0 at 7:00.

Are we seeing some "Ewing effect" with the Lady Deacs?

Two great players graduate and the team seems better?

Bump for tonight. The Lady Deacs have played a decent group of mid-major and low-major opponents including a few preseason conference champ picks and a last season conference champ. Tonight is the first major conference opponent. Both teams are 7-0 but haven't gotten any respect from the pollsters, so this will be a big game. Win tonight and the Lady Deacs have a good chance at going 11-0 nonconference before going to Tech on Sunday, Dec 16.

Huskers up 19-15 at the end of the 1st. Nebraska’s best player shoots 62% from deep. She’s 3-3 and has 11 points.

Back