• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Women's Hoops Thread - Hoover fired after 10 seasons

It’s still in striking distance but I’m not sure I can convince the wife to watch another half of this.

2021-22 Women's Basketball Thread (10-1 #46 NET): at #18 GT - Sunday 6pm on ACCN

The wheels fell off the last 2 minutes or so.

I expected something like this but it’s still painful. Went like 9:45 without a FG. There was an early 3 and a fastbreak layup at the buzzer. But only down 29-17. Feels like it’s much much worse. This team does play good defense and rebounds.

But five players with 3 and one with 2 points. Ouch.

Last edited:
I'm transfer my feeling about men's hoops going to GT, never win.

GT beat UConn?

Lots of teams beating UConn. They have a ton of injuries. Louisville beat them today and Tech beat them last week.

2021-22 Women's Basketball Thread (10-1 #46 NET): at #18 GT - Sunday 6pm on ACCN

I think this one is a lost cause.

It was once they got to Atlanta. Get healthy, open some presents, and be ready for FSU on the 30th.

Spear is so passive when she snot getting a bunch of shots.

Hoover put Marta Morales in the game after the commentators spent a few minutes talking about Tech’s success recruiting international players.

51-29 Tech

Last edited:
Tech started 4 international players (Latvia, Spain, Italy, Finland) and then the first person off the bench was another Latvian. Then they had another girl come off the bench from Spain. Nuts

Spear was a little off tonight. She looked tired and was pressing a bit on offense. She’s still awesome and will be fine in the long run.

I like that they have audio for the women's games, but it is a terrible production. You can't hear the announcer over the PA music coming through the mic.

Deacs and F$U going to overtime after the Deacs we're down big early.

That was a great and fun game to attend. The ladies have a ton of heart and do a great job of communicating. Down 15 in the 2nd half and came back to win in OT.

The men's team was also there supporting the ladies, cutting up and generally having a great time.

Gotta love it.

c9c11bddd406c1a5e7c0ad86f52d98d2.jpg

Women already down 10-0 to Elizabeth Kitley and VT at home. This would be a huge win if they can come back.

Started 12-0. VT up 19-12 at the end of the 1st.

Down 35-26. Spear hit a buzzer beater 3 to end the half. Held Kitley to 1-4 shooting but the rest of the team is shooting 6-12 from deep.

Last edited:
We need more talent. Size and athleticism. We are better than I expected but we still just we don't have the post presense to play really good defense at an upper level ACC and we don't have finishers in the lane nearly as good as VT.

Last edited:
Thankfully we have some freshmen with size.

Back