• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Women's Hoops Thread - Hoover fired after 10 seasons

I once had Coach Petersen describe us as “big, but not freaky duke big”.

33% shooting in the acc and 15 TOs aint gonna cut it. Looks like we have a good class coming in. We need more playmakers.

We need more talent. Size and athleticism. We are better than I expected but we still just we don't have the post presense to play really good defense at an upper level ACC and we don't have finishers in the lane nearly as good as VT.

Yeah, she went to UCLA to not play.

Kitley was a 5* recruit out of Guilford County. Damn she was good. Her family was sitting two rows behind us and jawed back and forth with Spear's family when Spear went down.

Is she any relation to Ralph?

Kitley was a 5* recruit out of Guilford County. Damn she was good. Her family was sitting two rows behind us and jawed back and forth with Spear's family when Spear went down.

Is she any relation to Ralph?
His daughter. He was there in a VT shirt.

His daughter. He was there in a VT shirt.
Ahh, damn. Walked past him a few times and did even notice with the mask.

Any clue why she wasn't high on WF and chose to go to VT? I've not followed WBB recruiting over the past few years.

Ahh, damn. Walked past him a few times and did even notice with the mask.

Any clue why she wasn't high on WF and chose to go to VT? I've not followed WBB recruiting over the past few years.

Get away from home? Forge her own identity. Curriculum? Big school vs WF environment?

Women are on the road at Miami tonight at 7:00. This is a winnable road game to get to 2-2 in the ACC before a Sunday 2 pm rematch at FSU.

Kaia Harrison back in the starting lineup.

Deacs started out very cold including 0-5 from the FT line but finished on a 10-1 run to go up 17-13 at the end of the 1st.

Dominated the 2nd, but Miami started pressing after their first fg in 13 minutes to spur a quick 8-0 run. Deacs up 34-23. Spear with 12.

Last edited:
They haven’t mentioned Williams that I’ve noticed. Williams started and played 31 min on Sunday.

Canes on a 15-0 run going back to the last 70 sec of the 1st half. What a weird game. Deacs up 34-30 with 6:27 left in the 3rd.

41-36 at the end of the 3rd. Hoover's got to find ways to get Spear shots or to use Spear to draw away defenders, so other players can get shots.

Last edited:
Wake had 34 late 2nd quarter and now 41 mid 4th quarter.

This is a frustrating game to watch to say the least. Had a 19 point lead with 1:56 left in the 2nd and have only scored 9 points since. Jewel Spear hasn't scored in the 2nd half.

Tied at 43 with 2:30 left. And Spear gets a very timely and 1. Up 3 with 2:28 left.

Deacs up 47-46. Miami ball with 17.6 left.

Survived. Miami missed a layup with 2 sec left. Couldn't get a shot off after the inbound.

Lady Deacs are 12-3 (2-2).

Last edited:
Deacs win. Pretty awful basketball by both teams. Wake missed Williams big time.

Yeah. Spear and Williams are the only players who can reliably create their own shot.

The box score is a masterpiece.

The list of teams who have won while shooting 33% from the field, 53% from the line, and committing 18 turnovers and 19 fouls has got to be pretty short.

The list of teams who have won while shooting 33% from the field, 53% from the line, and committing 18 turnovers and 19 fouls has got to be pretty short.

It's hard to type when you're laughing. That should be the definition of ugly basketball.

Back