• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ BC 11/27 – Noon ESPN2

This weekend just could not have been better- UNC loses in unbelievably heartbreaking fashion, giving State about 12 hours of hope that they might actually win something meaningful, only to have the Deacs cruelly snatch it away.

We are going to Charlotte!!!

All this

That UNC loss is still a hard pill to swallow. We had those bastards buried and gave them life. Would have kept us in the CFP discussion two more weeks as well (i.e. recruiting!!)

Clemson. They flat beat us. But UNC was tough to take given the way we lost.

That UNC loss is still a hard pill to swallow. We had those bastards buried and gave them life. Would have kept us in the CFP discussion two more weeks as well (i.e. recruiting!!)

Clemson. They flat beat us. But UNC was tough to take given the way we lost.

Yeah. UNC got us. If we only lost to Clemson, we’d still have a shot at the CFP if Georgia won handily and Michigan, Cincy, or OK State lost their championships.

I figure if we beat Carolina we probably move up to #8, maybe #7, then we get our asses kicked by Clemson and fall to #14, kick BCs ass and we’re back around #12 for the ACC championship. So all in all it cost us about 4 spots. I don’t think that 4 spot ranking difference changes our bowl selection at all - either way if we win the ACC it’s Peach Bowl and if we lose the championship it’s probably Gator Bowl or Holiday Bowl.

Georgia, Alabama, Cincinnati, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma State are the remaining undefeated and 1-loss teams. We'd be the 7th on that list. I don't think a 1-loss ACC champ would get jumped by a 2-loss Big 12 Champ (Baylor) or Pac-12 Champ (Oregon). A Georgia win would likely eliminate Alabama. So that would leave three spots. Michigan or OK State losing would leave an opening for Wake. We'd still be in the running.

Zero chance a one-loss Wake team makes the playoff. At least not with this schedule.

Hate we lost to Tarholes but as said previously- it wouldn’t make a difference to get in CFP. They won the battle - we won the war

Hate we lost to Tarholes but as said previously- it wouldn’t make a difference to get in CFP. They won the battle - we won the war

I’m just glad State them so they can’t claim a big 4 title, fwiw.

BC ran a total of 41 offensive plays Saturday (WF ran 86; the 9:41 drive to kill the game helped on both sides)

that ties for 3rd-fewest offensive plays ever allowed by a WF defense, and the only time WF has held a current FBS school below 47 plays over the last 50 years:

1. Georgetown (10/4/46) . . . . . . . . . . . . 32
2. NC State (11/18/50) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 37
3. North Carolina (10/11/47) . . . . . . . . 41
Virginia Tech (9/27/58) . . . . . . . . . . . 41
Boston College (11/27/21). . . . . . . . . 41
6. NC State (9/13/69) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 42
7. Delaware (9/17/16) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 43
Presbyterian (8/29/13) . . . . . . . . . . . 43
9. Duke (10/25/47) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 44
10. Tennessee (11/3/62) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 45
11. North Carolina (10/23/71) . . . . . . . . 46

BC's 19 passing yards did not quite get them onto this list:

FEWEST PASSING YARDS ALLOWED
1. Army West Point (9/29/90) (0-3) . . . 0
Duke (11/17/56) (0-6) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0
Navy (10/24/09) (0-0) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0
Virginia Tech (9/26/59) (0-6) . . . . . . . 0
NC State (11/2/57) (0-8) . . . . . . . . . . . 0
Duquesne (9/17/49) (0-7) . . . . . . . . . 0
7. Vanderbilt (10/2/65) (1-5) . . . . . . . . . 9
Maryland (10/4/69) (1-1) . . . . . . . . . . 9
9. North Carolina (10/23/71) (1-7) . . . 10
10. South Carolina (11/13/77) (1-2) . . 11

I’m just glad State them so they can’t claim a big 4 title, fwiw.

Who won the State title if UNC didn’t?

We beat Duke and State, lost to UNC. UNC lost to State, but beat us and Duke. State lost to us and beat UNC. Don't really think its worth anybody to claim it this year, but one Big 4 team is playing next week, so I think I'd take our position of course.:thumbsup:

We beat Duke and State, lost to UNC. UNC lost to State, but beat us and Duke. State lost to us and beat UNC. Don't really think its worth anybody to claim it this year, but one Big 4 team is playing next week, so I think I'd take our position of course.:thumbsup:

Yeah. Gotta think the tiebreaker goes to the ACC Atlantic Champs.

just thinking about the BC game, I can't think of worse ACC quarterback that we have ever faced than Phil Jurkovec. I know he is battling injuries and the flu, but damn he was terrible. Not only could he not throw worth a crap, he made terrible decisions. I can't believe he actually threw a strike on that one touchdown pass he threw. We definitely caught a break in a must win game by going up against that guy.

Back