• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever done any work related to conservation easements?

Not really though I guess it depends on what kind of easements. I did some work a while a back with the FWS to develop a spatial optimization tool for awarding Conservation Reserve Program type grants, which are generally temporary easements and paying farmers to not plow fields, like where to put them at a regional level to best benefit grassland birds. But, that project never actually got implemented. I did another project to help the state of Alabama to identify where to place permanent habitat conservation for a highly endangered salamander but easements were only one of the possible tools for permanent conservation. In the end the state went with purchases.

No mortgage even?

Hardly a mortgage. I guess that is debt. I have a bunch of equity, and my monthly payment is nominal. Could sell the house, stick $75k in the bank and put close to $100k down on another house if I wanted to. 3 vehicles with no payments. Zero credit cards, other than my company card.

I try to live a super frugal lifestyle. I don't buy anything for myself other than food. Every penny goes to my wife, and savings for our daughter.

That said, to answer the original question, I'd say about $300,000 would allow our family to not have to think about money, especially living in WS, and given the fact we already don't have a need or want for materials.

Hardly a mortgage. I guess that is debt. I have a bunch of equity, and my monthly payment is nominal. Could sell the house, stick $75k in the bank and put close to $100k down on another house if I wanted to. 3 vehicles with no payments. Zero credit cards, other than my company card.

I try to live a super frugal lifestyle. I don't buy anything for myself other than food. Every penny goes to my wife, and savings for our daughter.

No credit cards?! Just pay em off every month and it's free money.

No credit cards?! Just pay em off every month and it's free money.

I'm the only millennial I know without a credit card. When I'm on the road for work I use my company card. Otherwise I'm swiping a debit like a good disciplined millennial.

anybody tryna see this lunar eclipse tonight?

The good ole Beaver Moon. That's one of Mako's mom's favorite positions.

Don't know if I'll be able to stay up late enough to see it, but I'd like to. Mako and diggler will wake up in time to see it.

Holy shit, has anyone ever seen Hugh Jackman's wife? That was def not what I was expecting.

Holy shit, has anyone ever seen Hugh Jackman's wife? That was def not what I was expecting.

Yeah, I had that moment too. It really is unexpected:

Top_Ugly_Woman__36.jpg

I just googled her and I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. Good for her.

Damn that’s impressive. I wish I had that discipline (or really my wife). Still think we are pretty modest all things considered.

Damn that’s impressive. I wish I had that discipline (or really my wife). Still think we are pretty modest all things considered.

I had a grandparent leave each grandkid $50k when they passed. That helped jumpstart things. Very fortunate in that regard.

One key for us is we will eat stuff like boxed pasta with cheap sauce($5 dinner), and breakfast for dinner and that kind of thing usually 3 or 4 days a week. I'll grill chicken or salmon and veggies here and there($15 dinner). That allows us to go out and have some more freedom to spend money on nicer, fun dinners and date nights a couple nights a week too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back