• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all these Clawson articles, I wonder what he would be like if was a chat thread regular.

how many hours a week do they work?

Not as much as you would think. They worked a decent amount at the pre-partner level but still well below the law/consulting/banking fields. Pre-pandemic the biggest challenge was a lot of travel for board meetings, company meetings, etc and they were even doing some international. Both the firms they work for are basically of the caliber that a lot of the best deals find them so it’s a matter of doing the right deals with the right economics.

man i have some THOUGHTS on all this relationship and money talk but idk if i want to go that deep.

i am in a better place relationship wise than i've been ever and despite losing half my net worth to the big D i'm still very fortunate.

CT LITERATURE & SRS POSTS: ah the ole slur gif loophole

What’s y’alls monthly spend on non housing costs when y’all saying “man, I’m spending too much”

man i have some THOUGHTS on all this relationship and money talk but idk if i want to go that deep.

i am in a better place relationship wise than i've been ever and despite losing half my net worth to the big D i'm still very fortunate.

WORD. Plus i make a lot more than I used to back then, so now my net worth is way more than it would have been with ex-mrs-diggler spending it all along

What’s y’alls monthly spend on non housing costs when y’all saying “man, I’m spending too much”

Month-to-month spending isn’t really much of an issue for me but the large dollar outflows really hurt. In the last 4 years I’ve paid for an engagement ring, a wedding, bought a house and most recently spent $15k on our backyard hard scraping project (soon to be followed by landscaping in the spring). I’d kill to go 12 months without a major out of pocket expenditure.

Month-to-month spending isn’t really much of an issue for me but the large dollar outflows really hurt. In the last 4 years I’ve paid for an engagement ring, a wedding, bought a house and most recently spent $15k on our backyard hard scraping project (soon to be followed by landscaping in the spring). I’d kill to go 12 months without a major out of pocket expenditure.

Yeah, I avoid big expenditures like the plague. My biggest in probably the last 10 years is maybe $2k for a TV.

I’m guessing alotta the people who can’t wrap their head around paying $20 to have subway delivered are sitting on like $700 car payments

Pinball machines: $40,000
Sushi and steaks: $15,000
Track suits: $150
Grocery:$ 75

Please someone who is good at the economy help, my family is starving

Pinball machines: $40,000
Sushi and steaks: $15,000
Track suits: $150
Grocery:$ 75

Please someone who is good at the economy help, my family is starving

I think it’s been 2 years since I ordered a steak

Yeah, I avoid big expenditures like the plague. My biggest in probably the last 10 years is maybe $2k for a TV.

I’m guessing alotta the people who can’t wrap their head around paying $20 to have subway delivered are sitting on like $700 car payments

That makes me think about something...

What category of spending would you say you spend way more on than other people in a similar economic band?
What about less?

I would say we spend more on food and vacations than others like us. In the past we spent way more on education since we sent two girls to private school and out of state colleges. Also more on recreation since we belong to a country club and I play a lot of golf...

We spend way less on cars, for sure - both are older and long paid for. Probably less on housing since we have lived in the same house for a long time...

Is this because you are classifying pinball machines as an investment vehicle?

I had a nice NY Strip at Ruth's Chris last week and I don't think I need to go to a steak house more than once a year. Although I get roped into going a few times a year anyway.

up 30% on the pinball machines you've sold or up 30% on your total investment in pinball machines

I think it’s probably the folks that do not waste $700 on car payments that are incredulous. Actually probably those folks too. Really pretty much anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back