• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think I did post on that thread. And I don't mind the experience of going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, but dentists are fucking scam artists and there shouldn't be separate doctors and insurance just for your teeth.

Agree…it’s stupid that vision and dental insurance isn’t part of normal health insurance.

Man, in my late 30s, absolutely nothing fucks me up like hearing about/seeing children suffering. Maybe my job over-sensitizes me to it, but god damn, easy way for me to be ruined until I can get my mind off it.

Had some court shit today where we had to go over some pretty gnarly shit. Just...man, I don't ever want a child to grow up without a father, but some fathers just need to be straight up killed. There's no fucking coming back from some of this shit.

Do you never just get numb from it? I think that it's depressing what it says about my humanity, but after teaching for as long as I have and seeing as much horrific shit that I've seen from parents and what kids go through, I've almost gone dead inside to it. The world is really insanely fucked up for a lot of kids, and I don't see that changing. It can be pretty soul-crushing sometimes.

Man, in my late 30s, absolutely nothing fucks me up like hearing about/seeing children suffering... Had some court shit today where we had to go over some pretty gnarly shit. Just...man, I don't ever want a child to grow up without a father, but some fathers just need to be straight up killed. There's no fucking coming back from some of this shit.

the gf has provided therapy to crisis victims over the last two years - many of whom are children dealing with domestic/violent trauma

she's a gem of a human being and I'm incredibly proud of what she does

but it takes a toll on her, yeah

Do you never just get numb from it? I think that it's depressing what it says about my humanity, but after teaching for as long as I have and seeing as much horrific shit that I've seen from parents and what kids go through, I've almost gone dead inside to it. The world is really insanely fucked up for a lot of kids, and I don't see that changing. It can be pretty soul-crushing sometimes.

Man, I hate that for you. You're such a good dude to do the job you do. Helping kids is where it's fuckin' at.

I haven't hit that numb point (yet?).

I remember in law school, I served as a guardian ad litem for two kids. At the time, I thought that there was just straight up nothing worse than what those kids went through. So their experience was/is sort of my barometer. It's been over 10 years now, and I've constantly had to redefine and expand the scale of human depravity. I think I'm at my best when I'm in the, "there's no bottom to how low someone will go" mindset. Keeps surprise to a minimum.

My job always has something "worse" to show me.

Like, think about war and shit. Within our country's borders, we're in peacetime. But in wartime, I bet there's just a whole other fucking metric for human suffering. I'm thankful that I don't have that experience, but I acknowledge that so fucking many have.

My wife , and one of my staff I supervise, got beat growing up and it’s hard to get past that

Agree…it’s stupid that vision and dental insurance isn’t part of normal health insurance.

The counter-argument, though, is that I shouldn't have to pay for vision insurance if I don't want/need it. Just as an example - we have always carried it in our family. It is an attempt to provide an ala carte concept for insurance. Like Liberty, Liberty, Liberty, you only pay for what you need.

As an accountant, generally dental and vision insurance is a rip off for most people

The counter-argument, though, is that I shouldn't have to pay for vision insurance if I don't want/need it. Just as an example - we have always carried it in our family. It is an attempt to provide an ala carte concept for insurance. Like Liberty, Liberty, Liberty, you only pay for what you need.

yeah, I hate those commercials…🤨

Well that didn’t stop awaken from pounding one out overnight

Man, in my late 30s, absolutely nothing fucks me up like hearing about/seeing children suffering. Maybe my job over-sensitizes me to it, but god damn, easy way for me to be ruined until I can get my mind off it.

Had some court shit today where we had to go over some pretty gnarly shit. Just...man, I don't ever want a child to grow up without a father, but some fathers just need to be straight up killed. There's no fucking coming back from some of this shit.

When I clerked after my 1L year I read some absolutely terrible things in pre-sentencing reports for drug charges. I couldn’t understand why somebody with 25 years of suspended sentences over their heads would still try to buy drugs. After those reports it was “of course they’re addicted to drugs.”

My brother also had some pretty terrible exposure working for the FBI and as a Marine JAG.

I got a new hygienist who provides a happy ending after the cleaning of the teeth. I love going to the dentist now.

Motivation level zero this morning. Decided I’m gonna try to go totally off the grid for our weekend away and watch the game recording on Sunday.

Really hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week.

The depravity I see in my professional life is limited to people using heretofore and whereas too much. I count myself lucky.

Dentist suck until you get a front tooth knocked out, then you are begging to see the first one you can.

Pfizer booster is giving me a sore arm.

Whoever decided Roadhouse needed a remake needs to get fired. Lets get through the day.

Children are easy to give sympathy and empathy too because under almost all circumstances it’s not their fault. For the majority of American adults these days I give almost zero fucks, which is not a good place to be medically. I still hold out hope for a lot of the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back