• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of sympathy for children, the 6yo is learning some hard life lessons in guess who right now. I’ve won 7 in a row. No quarter.

Man, in my late 30s, absolutely nothing fucks me up like hearing about/seeing children suffering. Maybe my job over-sensitizes me to it, but god damn, easy way for me to be ruined until I can get my mind off it.

Had some court shit today where we had to go over some pretty gnarly shit. Just...man, I don't ever want a child to grow up without a father, but some fathers just need to be straight up killed. There's no fucking coming back from some of this shit.

just the worst. hurting children not you... or are you? i'll ask mako's mom. at any rate...

i was on a jury once. it was probably the worst 4 days of my life. a young girl was abused by her father. she took the stand to testify. i am still f'd up by that. i don't think i could even speak much for several days. it was brutal. i was also surprised how emotionally difficult it was to vote to convict and then vote on sentencing guidelines. putting a person in jail for the rest of their life was emotionally "hard." i believed he was guilty. the evidence was pretty overwhelming. even so it was eye opening to know it needed to be done and actually do it. i would do it again. just a surprising experience that i would not have expected.

recharge with your family this weekend. hug your own kids. t's & p's of the non organized variety. i'll hug my own kids a little tighter tonight.

Speaking of depravity in professional life, I just used the term pow-wow in a work conversation. Like, "let's all talk to X, and then pow-wow and come to the right decision". I don't think I've said that in over a decade. Is that a usable term?

Speaking of depravity in professional life, I just used the term pow-wow in a work conversation. Like, "let's all talk to X, and then pow-wow and come to the right decision". I don't think I've said that in over a decade. Is that a usable term?

it is not.

shoo - cancelled

Speaking of sympathy for children, the 6yo is learning some hard life lessons in guess who right now. I’ve won 7 in a row. No quarter.

When my wife was in labor, we were playing guess who without the actual gameboard. We had been playing so much leading up to that day that we essentially memorized the board and the features of the characters. She was thinking of a character and had a grin on her face, and I hadn't guess anything or anyone yet. I looked at her and immediately said 'You're thinking of Kyle"... She was indeed, and to this day that is some of of the funniest I side joke shit of all time. Maybe it isn't that funny, but we thought it was.

Because a lot of children still can't get the vaccine?

this. my 9 yo is about a week away from his second shot. i realize its mr seinfeld's move but covid could have stopped short if not for... reasons.

kid's gotta learn. it'll make the moment when they win one for real special for them.

CT LITERATURE & SRS POSTS: ah the ole slur gif loophole

I stay 6 feet away from kids naturally.

Kids are always 6 inches and 9 months away. Use protection.

we've got a 5 month old.. we were doing all sorts of shit when both vaccinated before his arrival, but have had to really restrict it to outdoor only activities (which is getting terrible now that it's both cold and dark before 5pm), once he's able to get one at 6mo+ (hopefully that's here January/February) we'll be a lot more willing to start resuming life as normal again

been catching up. so much gold in this hear chat thread. well done. keep it up.

also, i just learned today that there is such a thing as a short finned mako. looks like a torpedo. apparently one of the fastest swimmers. not as fast as biff's boys but we can't all be in that league.

The problem with Guess Who is that once both players understand the "correct" order of the questions to ask, it's 100% based on which person you picked for your card.

I am merciless in games with my 7yo because she's pretty sharp and I can see her getting better as she loses. I legit got beat in Connect Four the other day... I thought she was doing her usual dumb, not fooling anybody kind of moves, and then all of the sudden it was over.

All of this reminds me... I need to find some games to buy for XMas that she might like. Getting Clue for sure. Open to other ideas.

we've got a 5 month old.. we were doing all sorts of shit when both vaccinated before his arrival, but have had to really restrict it to outdoor only activities (which is getting terrible now that it's both cold and dark before 5pm), once he's able to get one at 6mo+ (hopefully that's here January/February) we'll be a lot more willing to start resuming life as normal again

not sure if he's breastfeeding, but as I understand it, immunity passes through breastmilk and immunity also would have built in utero if wife was was vaxed when pregnant

not saying it would change the equation, but perhaps peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back