Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast

Thread: CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    Bring up sports he admits cheerfully that he knows nothing about it and pivots to a tangentially related topic like concussions or the psychology of gambling
    Keep bringing it back to the joy of sports (camaraderie, impact on school fundraising, positive of physical activity)

I am too officially too old to start drinking at 11 am. We are building a remarkably shitty build a fort right now and the 6yo is a terrible architect.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Iím doing cinnamon rolls, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie on Wednesday.

On Thursday I have the Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls.

We outsourced ham, gravy, and cranberry sauce.

Mom is making dressing, sweet potato casserole, and apple pie.
    Whatís your cinnamon recipe? Thinking of giving King Arthurís a shot. Their photos look amaaaaazing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Iím in charge of dessert and baking because my nieces have insisted they are doing the side dishes.

Making sweet potato pie, coconut brown butter cookies, and brownies for dessert and some Japanese milk bread rolls for dinner

Gonna do the cookies and brownies this weekend in advance and then the pie and rolls on Wednesday
    Gonna do the brown butter shortbread cookies & milk bread rolls too.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    Whatís your cinnamon recipe? Thinking of giving King Arthurís a shot. Their photos look amaaaaazing.
    Iíve used Stella parksí cinnamon roll recipe for Christmas morning a few times and itís great.

https://www.seriouseats.com/bravetar...n-rolls-recipe

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Iíve used Stella parksí cinnamon roll recipe for Christmas morning a few times and itís great.

https://www.seriouseats.com/bravetar...n-rolls-recipe
    Nice. Will check it out. King Arthurís is basically Japanese milk bread cinnamon rolls, using a tangzhong.

Iím using a Paula Deen recipe. Is that still allowed?
    Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    defs a dude who I'd ask what he thinks THE great American novel is
    Invisible Man or Drop City, as it turns out. Hemingway and Fitzgerald not that great, just great for Americans. The Cincinnati Bearcats of literature is what Iím hearing although he wouldnít understand it if I said that

Hemingway and Fitzgerald not that great, just great for Americans.
    Thatís such a funny ridiculous argument for an American novel.

Iím just saying. We were 9-1 under palmas oppressive chat regime and 0-1 under Kory. The ct is obviously better, but at what cost?

Jealous I missed the otranto and epistolary novel talk. But really the better evidence for his argument about bad readers is nineteenth century serialized novels

Havenít realized before that Packer & Durham is the ACC large failson hour.

Invisible Man or Drop City, as it turns out. Hemingway and Fitzgerald not that great, just great for Americans. The Cincinnati Bearcats of literature is what Iím hearing although he wouldnít understand it if I said that
    You should probably just throw him into the fire.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    The US is the AAC of literature?

What did he think about camelbacks?

I did scouts growing up, not sure I'm gonna let my kid do scouts if you have to endure these kinds of people.

We DID discuss being burned at the stake earlier, do I get points for that

I'm just gonna send him to Mako's for a week or two every summer to learn things.

Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    I did scouts growing up, not sure I'm gonna let my kid do scouts if you have to endure these kinds of people.
    People who hate Hemingway? I KNOW RIGHT