• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is normal even in the city centers. Portland is awesome. You should consider.

Yes it is normal even in the city centers. Portland is awesome. You should consider.

My bosses at my main job now are in their 70's. I'm hoping I have a good 5-10 year run with em where I can save up some, and then in my mid-late 40's go travel around a bit while keeping a place I'm renting in LA.

Drove to Mt Hood and checked out the waterfall on the way. Holy hell was that part beautiful. Shocking to me that the Columbia River seemed completely uninhabited along the way. I was a bit disappointed in the restaurant options in town, and man it definitely felt like the city was still in shock from the riots with way too many things boarded up.

oh man tonights curb hits home so hard cause once I get drunk at sushi I start doing the japanese greeting to everyone who walks in, my wife is bursting out laughing

Morning my ct buddies. Have a wonderful Monday.

With five (5) out of six (6) posts I thought stugotzndarts was already mounting his assault to steal the chat thread back.

We watched Jingle All the Way this morning and my kids cannot wrap their head around the idea of a payphone.

i really liked east portland, we stayed out near sunnyside? don't know if that's plama's style tho

went and saw Sting with the Greensboro Symphony at the new performing arts center in downtown GSO. that's a very nice venue.

How many days off y’all got this week?

Taking Wed off, get Thu-Fri.

Not looking forward to Thanksgiving with my in-laws. My MIL has basically decided that she doesn't want to celebrate holidays anymore, so it's going to be a very low-key affair. Normally I want to cook all the things but I haven't said a word about it to not ignite some kind of issue. I know we're having a ham which I'm a huge meh on. But it's only my MIL, FIL, wife, son and me, so can't justify also having a turkey. My wife is going to call her today and insist that she wants mashed potatoes at least.

taking a half day wednesday, then off the rest of the week

fortunately i only have to drive 90 min this year to tgiving

for the past dozen or so years it's been at least 4 and sometimes 8 hr drives

really looking forward to it, it's my favorite holiday of the year

My weekend consisted of going last minute to a Marc Rebillet concert that my friends had extra tickets to. Anyone else been to one of his concerts, and I use concert in the loosest of definitions. Like holy fuck what did I attend.

Barca you should do a duck in place of turkey.

I've been wanting to do this for years! And when it's my family's turn for the holiday they want turkey even though everyone enjoys duck.

My MIL always gets on this thing about the kitchen being messy and she doesn't want to clean up or deal with things. Everything's too big a production, even though she's always been into hosting huge parties and such. She never does, my FIL always does. Wife and I of course always volunteer to do it, but he won't let us, and then my MIL will always make a comment next time around that she doesn't want FIL to be left with a huge mess. This is just one of a thousand issues with her we have to deal with, and she's the most irrational person around and just gets mad when you point out the logical solutions to things. And she holds grudges like nobody's business. So it's easier to just give in.

Our office is closed Thursday and Friday, but our year ends 12/15 so I’ll probably do a bit of work over the weekend.

We are supposed to host my parents and brother but my son is sick so we are taking him to get Covid tested.

Menu is:

Turkey
Ham
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy
Mashed potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Dressing
Green Beans
Hawaiian Rolls
Parker House Rolls

Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

It’s way too much food for five adults but our neighbor is a nurse so we are making some for her. And then everybody has their favorite dish they have to have.

my wife made this pumpkin cake with black and white glaze so it just looks like and tastes like a black and white cookie with pumpkin spices mmm

my dad sent around a google sheet with daily meal plans for weds-sunday like three weeks in advance of tgiving, he does not fuck around with thanksgiving

Did a nine pound turkey yesterday for a friends thanksgiving. Very manageable size particularly when you’re trying for minimal leftovers, but they’re kinda hard to find at that size.

For those who do not spatchcock your turkeys at this point, why not? It’s the superior method for oven turkey. I slathered it with herbed butter and it was cooked in about an hour. If you’re a white meat fan like I am, it’s for sure the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back