• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impossible that we make it or impossible that she actually cares?

It is less about Wake Forest Football (she admittedly doesn't care), it's about just her and I going somewhere to watch a game without the wife and her two siblings.

She's the only one in the family that will sit through an entire sporting event and actually pay attention and ask questions.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/at...-at-truist-park-highlights-indigenous-culture

Haha see the Braves have Indian friends so it’s all good. Also since Thanksgiving is the chat topic I assume that the bullshit thanksgiving narrative that we all learned in school is still pretty prominent, unless we get some CRT going.

I follow the former Top Chef winner Kelsey Barnard Clark on Instagram. she lives in small-town Dothan, AL and posted a pic of her 30 years ago in preschool dressed as an Indian for Thanksgiving and of her son 30 years later at the same school...also dressed as an Indian. thought we had moved away from those things, but then again, Alabama.

how can one person quash holidays for everyone else?

You obviously haven't met my MIL. A more unhappy woman has yet to walk the face of the earth.

just the way things go. it's not worth arguing with her. she's basically the Emperor from Star Wars. but of course we have to go through with it because wife doesn't want to lose relationship with her mother (such as it is).

It is less about Wake Forest Football (she admittedly doesn't care), it's about just her and I going somewhere to watch a game without the wife and her two siblings.

She's the only one in the family that will sit through an entire sporting event and actually pay attention and ask questions.

impossible she cares TOO MUCH

I don't even sit through an entire sporting event. I guess I really enjoy the social aspect of being at a game and getting wasted.

anyway, enough of the sads on the SRS Post CT. only thing I have on my agenda for the week is watching the Deacs on Sat. wish it was Thanksgiving year with my family since I could go to the Emerald Coast bball games this week.

just the way things go. it's not worth arguing with her. she's basically the Emperor from Star Wars. but of course we have to go through with it because wife doesn't want to lose relationship with her mother (such as it is).

Could be worse. When my MIL and FIL visited after the twins were born, we had one kid at home and one in the NICU still. Apparently we were not doing enough for the In-laws that weekend, as one of us was spending the day at the hospital and we were up with a newborn all night. On what ended up being their last night, we invited them back for Christmas and my in laws started laying into us for not doing enough for them for while they were here (my FIL complaining about how I didn't fix him enough drinks while a glass of Bourbon I had just poured sat in front of him), and said they wanted to lay down how they expected to be treated in our house. Became a big thing, I left and walked the dog, came back and apologized for not being aware of their feelings, but the father wasnt having it, so we ended up asking them to leave. I got them a hotel room and asked them to leave the house, became another big thing. Suffice it to say my MIL hasnt spoken to my wife and I since then.

Jesus Christ Timmy. They can fuck right off. Make them earn the right to see their grandkids

Could be worse. When my MIL and FIL visited after the twins were born, we had one kid at home and one in the NICU still. Apparently we were not doing enough for the In-laws that weekend, as one of us was spending the day at the hospital and we were up with a newborn all night. On what ended up being their last night, we invited them back for Christmas and my in laws started laying into us for not doing enough for them for while they were here (my FIL complaining about how I didn't fix him enough drinks while a glass of Bourbon I had just poured sat in front of him), and said they wanted to lay down how they expected to be treated in our house. Became a big thing, I left and walked the dog, came back and apologized for not being aware of their feelings, but the father wasnt having it, so we ended up asking them to leave. I got them a hotel room and asked them to leave the house, became another big thing. Suffice it to say my MIL hasnt spoken to my wife and I since then.

lol what.the.fuck.

you just had babies, they should be trying to DO ENOUGH for you guys, that's insane

i'm feeling very #blessed about my in-laws right now after reading these stories.. they visited right after we had our little dude and were doing all sorts of errands for us/offering to help with late night shifts and stuff, and FIL bought me a bunch of bourbon and goodies, i literally didn't once have to consider whether or not they needed us to do anything for them, whew, i would be livid

barca what's weird to me is that if you wanna do all the cooking and cleaning and stuff, why they won't just let you make the thanksigiving meal you want and just relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor

defs would be a bigger deal when the kiddo is old enough to appreciate a good vs lame thanksgiving IMO

yikes, sorry man. my MIL came and stayed with us a couple of times right after we brought our son home and she just swallowed her tongue on the cat issue because she knew it was the right thing to do to come stay with us. but she hasn't spent more than 20 mins in our house since then as she only comes in if they come to pickup or dropoff our son for the weekend. and then they're usually there long enough to load/unload the car.

one secret we'll take to the grave is that it was MY mom who stayed with us first with the baby. since we were adopting and found about our son over Christmas, we were caught totally off guard. had been in DC with the family for the holiday, then had to go to Winston on the 27th and brought him home on the 29th. and we hadn't prepared at all since we had only been waiting a few months and it was our NY resolution to get more ready. had to go to Buy Buy Baby day after Christmas and stock up on anything and everything we'd need before Amazon Prime could get it to us a few days later. my mom flew back on the 29th and met us at our house a few hours later, which was a huge help. she also helped us take down our decorations and thoroughly clean the house for the MIL's arrival on New Year's Day.

barca what's weird to me is that if you wanna do all the cooking and cleaning and stuff, why they won't just let you make the thanksigiving meal you want and just relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor

defs would be a bigger deal when the kiddo is old enough to appreciate a good vs lame thanksgiving IMO

yeah. I mean, to be fair, we haven't proposed cooking this year, just always know how MIL reacts after the fact. so just trying to lay low and stay out of things.

yeah. I mean, to be fair, we haven't proposed cooking this year, just always know how MIL reacts after the fact. so just trying to lay low and stay out of things.

ahh, so you think even with such a proposal she'd still react negatively/not fully trust you to actually take care of it or something

i kinda get that

ahh, so you think even with such a proposal she'd still react negatively/not fully trust you to actually take care of it or something

i kinda get that

like I said, wife is gonna call her and insist on making mashed potatoes. they don't really like to have leftovers so basically whatever we at on Thanksgiving will be the only time it's eaten, so also not worth making a million sides when just 4.5 people eating.

when MIL came to visit us after the baby she brought all this leftover food she had ordered from Nieman Marcus that was absolutely terrible, and I'm sure expensive as hell. like beef wellingtons, twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole. really hope we don't have that this year.

re: alcohol i am about to scour the city of charlotte for a good Meursault because while eating dinner in Paris, we had an amazing bottle and I promised the table that I would procure some for thanksgiving. I promptly forgot this until yesterday when my friend reminded me of my commitment. So now I need to go to all the good wine stores and track something down. Starting at Arthurs since the guy there knows his stuff, and my son now works in the sandwich shop and I'm going to hit him up for lunch.

Celebrated thanksgiving last night with GF and our kids. Menu was solid and everything turned out fucking delicious.

Beer Can Chicken
Dressing
Sweet potato casserole
Mac and cheese
Green beans
Deviled eggs
Hawaiian rolls

Pumpkin pie and salted caramel pecan pie, both with homemade whipped cream

Working from the beach M-W, her gpas Thursday, my dad’s Friday- Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back