• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to take a picture of it since I'm at his house now but that motherfucker saw me post that and immediately went to go take a picture of it himself

you don't have to say the # but is there a salary you have in your head where you're like if i made this much $ I would be happy

A mil a year affords all my material desires. Well, maybe not some watches & courtside seats, but I can live without those.

20211117_131855.jpg

he sent me the picture to post myself, how nice of him

Hey Palma, how you digging this lit talk, you crusty old bitch?

it was a very nice christmas present that was immediately technologically obsolete

you don't have to say the # but is there a salary you have in your head where you're like if i made this much $ I would be happy

The problem is that salary doesn’t live in a vacuum. I make enough that it’s been a long time since I’ve worried about paying my bills every month and am generally able to save.

But I’ve traded the stress of living paycheck to paycheck with the stress of work. So I’m sure there’s a happy medium somewhere but I don’t know where it is.

The problem is that salary doesn’t live in a vacuum. I make enough that it’s been a long time since I’ve worried about paying my bills every month and am generally able to save.

But I’ve traded the stress of living paycheck to paycheck with the stress of work. So I’m sure there’s a happy medium somewhere but I don’t know where it is.

That's probably why I seriously considered just quitting and making pizzas at pizza hut

Have to figure that where you live impacts this also. Like if I made my current salary in LA that would not work well but it’s more than enough in NC for me to be perfectly happy at this level indefinitely.

A mil a year affords all my material desires. Well, maybe not some watches & courtside seats, but I can live without those.

i don't know if i know a #

i think i could be happy making less if my house cost less than my current house cost and childcare wasn't so expensive

but because it doesn't, i feel like there is an amount more (a lot more, like 50% more) that would make those concerns a little easier but then wouldn't it just make me _want_ more?

How many of y’all actually like your job?

And the salary question is loaded for me because I don’t make a ton of money but I live in a place that has a low cost of living and I have lots of wealthy and generous relatives and I’m not too proud to appreciate their generosity.

i really like my job most of the time because i almost never take work home, i've got very very flexible hours, work travel to fun places during normal times, a relatively low-stress work environment with nice and smart people, etc.

if i did the same job in tech or finance i would probably make 2x as much but few of the above things would be true

i don't know if i know a #

i think i could be happy making less if my house cost less than my current house cost and childcare wasn't so expensive

but because it doesn't, i feel like there is an amount more (a lot more, like 50% more) that would make those concerns a little easier but then wouldn't it just make me _want_ more?

well sure I guess but I think wanting things is generally a lesser stressor than needing to budget to survive, so

And the salary question is loaded for me because I don’t make a ton of money but I live in a place that has a low cost of living and I have lots of wealthy and generous relatives and I’m not too proud to appreciate their generosity.

I don’t like my job but it’s about the best combination of compensation, reasonably interesting work and work/life balance that’s possible for my line of work so I’m good with it.

well sure I guess but I think wanting things is generally a lesser stressor than needing to budget to survive, so

it is but i don't want to want more, i want to be content, live slow, enjoy the present

i have some luxury tastes in some things and some very simple tastes in others

i like what i do because god knows i wouldn't do it otherwise

teaching and thinking through things w/ students has always been particularly rewarding for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back