• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all agree that turkey kind of sucks. Thanksgiving deserves a better main dish.

maybe you should just learn how to cook it. turkey is great.

also, we haven't spoken to my in-laws in 3 years. they were going around telling people that my wife never went to college or law school (no idea why) and my wife just decided that it wasn't worth it. They told everyone lies about us. Over time, the truth comes out....the rest of the family knows who's crazy and who isn't. In this case, we refer to them as living in the fun house. They genuinely believe that the fun house is real, and if you try to tell them any truth (or make them look into a real mirror) they lash out at you and call you crazy. It's a little like the trump experience, except with family.

agreed that next day turkey sandwiches in a vacuum are overrated but those things are a whole vibe. tastes better on friday than an identical sandwich would taste any other day.

The next day turkey sandwiches are crazy overrated. On Thursday (assuming it’s well prepared) you get hot and juicy white meat covered in gravy. On Friday you get dried out white meat that needs a scoop of mayo to be palatable, unless you’re one of those weirdos who’s afraid of mayo too. PASS.

turkey sandwiches are also phenomenal. Add Dukes (GOAT) mayo, cranberry sauce, and a little stuffing and you have a sandwich that I do look forward to all year.

yeah no matter how juicy the turkey is on Thursday (and mine always is, Kenji spatchcock FTW), the sandwiches the next day need plenty of mayo to give them life. I like cranberry sauce but not on turkey so it'll never go on my sandwich. we usually make turkey soup with the carcass and that's usually pretty good.

oh man i love the cranberry sauce on the sandwich. there's a place near my mom who does a turkey sandwich with cranberry chutney and it is amazing.

If Thanksgiving style Turkey was so great then it would be served more than one meal and more likely than not have popular dedicated restaurants to serving it.

yeah no matter how juicy the turkey is on Thursday (and mine always is, Kenji spatchcock FTW), the sandwiches the next day need plenty of mayo to give them life. I like cranberry sauce but not on turkey so it'll never go on my sandwich. we usually make turkey soup with the carcass and that's usually pretty good.

I’m in the process now of making leftover soup from yesterday’s turkey. Stock is in the works now with the carcass plus leftover gravy and the little bit of giblet stock left from making the gravy.

After the stocks done I’ll make turkey soup and dump in leftover green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and dressing.

It’s better than you think. And loads better than the reheated original meal.

i mean, it's one of the main meats at the deli counter

It’s the reason why I put the disclaimer of Thanksgiving style Turkey. I guess Boston Market is the closest thing and that’s god awful, not that popular, and even then doesn’t have the Turkey like they do the chicken. The free market has spoken and Thanksgiving style Turkey sucks.

I’m in the process now of making leftover soup from yesterday’s turkey. Stock is in the works now with the carcass plus leftover gravy and the little bit of giblet stock left from making the gravy.

After the stocks done I’ll make turkey soup and dump in leftover green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and dressing.

everyone must remember greatest-gen bad cook grandma shitty turkey or something

good news i found the wine; bad news it was expensive AF

i've touched on it before but i have a weird relationship with my parents. my mom has a TBI from a car accident a number of years ago and the effects have been exacerbated by alcohol abuse basically my whole childhood. she simultaneously has a huge heart and is selfish af and generally hard to really vibe with. she's incapable of fully caring for herself so i've got more of a custodial relationship with her (POA healthcare and financial) and when you take that on, it's hard to also just be a normal loving son. pops and i have plenty of love for each other but don't talk a lot. i do have some ongoing issues i'm working through relative to his parenting style but we probably all have some of that.

my former inlaws still absolutely love me and will still pitch in with some childcare every now and then as my schedule can get pretty crazy with work.

new GF comes from a perfect family (i'm sure there are skeletons somewhere but i haven't found them yet) and i can't imagine them being anything but helpful at any point. plus they are filthy rich so that has its perks.

If Thanksgiving style Turkey was so great then it would be served more than one meal and more likely than not have popular dedicated restaurants to serving it.

Turkey can be good, but this is the correct answer. Cranberry sauce is not good. The sweet potato marshmallow thing should be a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Eh I think it’s pretty good, it’s just that it’s a lot of work and preparation to do for an everyday meal or even for a restaurant to do it regularly.

yeah we make the stock with the carcass then pick all the meat off, dump the gravy in and a bunch of different canned vegetables. not fancy, but good. I always see recipes pop up for like turkey ramen or pho or butter chicken (turkey) and always wanna try but my family is too traditional to want that even though they all like those foods under normal circumstances.

Things have been pretty interesting with the in-laws in town so far. Last night my MIL had me evaluate her penny stock portfolio which included two investments, one of which I swear to god is down 99% since she invested.

You have bbq places spending all night smoking, rotating, tending etc… meat because the end product is fucking delicious and supported. If Turkey was as good and as popular as everyone here makes it out to be the existence would happen despite the difficulties. More likely than not you have formed a neurological memory pathway to happy times with family since childhood while eating your Turkey and those feelings only get triggered under the right circumstances including time and setting, known as Thanksgiving.

She clarified that her brother (a carpenter who didn’t graduate HS) recommended it and it’s in the energy space which “should go up” because of “electric cars and all that”. I couldn’t even begin to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back