• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the Turkey that's good or the Gravy? It's probably been a good decade since I ordered Turkey at a deli counter

turkey meat haters be gone

Turkey is great. I get that and Boar’s ahead white American cheese every time I order groceries. Also love the Thanksgiving turkey and leftover sandwiches.

It’s probably been 12 years since I last tasted Turkey.

Is it the Turkey that's good or the Gravy? It's probably been a good decade since I ordered Turkey at a deli counter

Tough call. I eat a turkey sandwich for lunch every weekday and I think I’ve been clear on my affection for thanksgiving style roast time there. But gravy…I could eat a shoe if it’s doused in thanksgiving gravy.

honeybaked hams are bullshit, and that's what we're having. not sure if a hot take or not, but the only good ham is stuff like serrano, prosciutto, etc.

honeybaked hams are bullshit, and that's what we're having. not sure if a hot take or not, but the only good ham is stuff like serrano, prosciutto, etc.

and country ham on biscuits, but yeah i'm also not a huge fan of honeybaked hams being the primary meat at a meal.. wife's fam pulls this out for xmas dinner and i'm just MEH on that meal

and country ham on biscuits, but yeah i'm also not a huge fan of honeybaked hams being the primary meat at a meal.. wife's fam pulls this out for xmas dinner and i'm just MEH on that meal

yeah that too, but it's sort of in the same thin sliced, dryish ham mold.

i think just the idea of pre-smoked/baked hams you just heat up and eat

yeah, that's the brand we'll get, but anything like that. deli ham sucks too. just a lame, boring meat to feature as your centerpiece. when we've had more people at my in-laws there's been ham and turkey, but wife and in-laws like the ham better anyway. I'll use the bone and make red beans and rice, though.

Shoot I miss country ham biscuits from biscuitville. It’s been so long since I’ve had one that I’d probably be terrified of how salty it tastes now.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB113271623187504945

“Indeed, it is the sheer modesty of the occasion that partly recommends it. Everybody knows what's coming. Nobody acts as if caviar and venison are about to be served, rammed home by syllabub and fine Madeira. The whole point is that one forces down, at an odd hour of the afternoon, the sort of food that even the least discriminating diner in a restaurant would never order by choice. Perhaps false modesty is better than no modesty at all.”

It’s the reason why I put the disclaimer of Thanksgiving style Turkey. I guess Boston Market is the closest thing and that’s god awful, not that popular, and even then doesn’t have the Turkey like they do the chicken. The free market has spoken and Thanksgiving style Turkey sucks.

there's a turkey joint in reading terminal market that's v good

i typically go somewhere else, but it stays in business

Moist, well brined turkey is delicious. I also really like the Cajun seasoned turkey deli meat, but 90% of baked turkey white meat is super dry and not worth eating.

idc that much about tgiving turkey, it's fine

my dad smokes a relatively small one, and we eat it at tgiving, but the gravy and sides are really the bomb

next day he makes a turkey soup that i look forward to year round, and he sends us home with quarts and quarts of it, soooo good.

Could be worse. When my MIL and FIL visited after the twins were born, we had one kid at home and one in the NICU still. Apparently we were not doing enough for the In-laws that weekend, as one of us was spending the day at the hospital and we were up with a newborn all night. On what ended up being their last night, we invited them back for Christmas and my in laws started laying into us for not doing enough for them for while they were here (my FIL complaining about how I didn't fix him enough drinks while a glass of Bourbon I had just poured sat in front of him), and said they wanted to lay down how they expected to be treated in our house. Became a big thing, I left and walked the dog, came back and apologized for not being aware of their feelings, but the father wasnt having it, so we ended up asking them to leave. I got them a hotel room and asked them to leave the house, became another big thing. Suffice it to say my MIL hasnt spoken to my wife and I since then.

Wow. There has to be more to this story...

Did you have a bad relationship before this?
How did your wife react to her own parents acting this way?
Do they have some kind of special situation (ill health) that needs more attention?

I don't blame you one bit for kicking them out, sad that is what you have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back