• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have bbq places spending all night smoking, rotating, tending etc… meat because the end product is fucking delicious and supported. If Turkey was as good and as popular as everyone here makes it out to be the existence would happen despite the difficulties. More likely than not you have formed a neurological memory pathway to happy times with family since childhood while eating your Turkey and those feelings only get triggered under the right circumstances including time and setting, known as Thanksgiving.

Most smokehouses I’ve been to have smoked turkey. I grew up eating turkey barbecue year round as well.

Renaissance fair style turkey legs are GOATed tho

Yeah. Turkey legs are a very common fair and theme park food.

Seems like the answer to the question of why we don’t eat turkey more often is simple. We do. We just eat it in individual (leg, deli meat) or family (loaf, tenderloins) portions instead of a whole turkey.

I submit that 99% of all smoked food is overrated. I can recall one memorable smoked meat in my life, and that was at David Chang's place.

Damn Timmy really sorry to hear that. I know firsthand how difficult in-law issues can be. Know you and your wife are awesome parents though.

I was at the high point thanksgiving parade on Sunday with my girls and my mom and we had such a good time and reading about this attack at the parade in Wisconsin is really messing me up.

I submit that 99% of all smoked food is overrated. I can recall one memorable smoked meat in my life, and that was at David Chang's place.

Oof. This is mako dislikes pizza bad. I guess LA isn’t such a foodie place after all.

Ok, where does smoked fish land in this debate over smoked meat?

Smoked trout dip so good

Smoked salmon also elite

And then all the smoked meats

I eat/prefer most of my meats rare. Smoked meats are almost always well done. Of the places that are good, it's usually the sauce being delcious and not necessarily the meats.

Last edited:
I mean there’s a reason you smoke tough cuts of meat instead of strips and ribeyes.

What trash places are you going where smoked meats are well done?

I love T'giving turkey. Love it fresh, love it leftover, love it on sandwiches, love it dry, love it cold. On rare occasions during the year we will make a little turkey breast . We don't do it more often because it is a lot of work and a lot of clean up.

These stories about terrible relationships with parents and grandparents and in-laws make me sad for y'all - and for them. I just can't imagine. Our daughter just had our first grandchild and we went down for the first two weeks. We did everything for them while we were there. My daughter would feed the baby at like 9 or 10 at night and me and my son in law would stay up with the baby until the next feeding so my daughter could sleep uninterrupted as long as possible. In the morning my wife would take the baby at like 6am and take her downstairs so our daughter could go back to bed and sleep uninterrupted again as long as possible until the next feeding. While we waited for them to come home from the hospital my wife cleaned their house from top to bottom - floors, refrigerator drawers, re-organized their pantry, etc... We also bought them a used frig. off FB marketplace for their garage - so they would have more room in the one in the house for stored breast milk, etc.
Our kids, and now our granddaughter, are everything to us and I can't imagine going a day without talking to them. My wife talks to both of them at least 5 times a day. I'm sure they wouldn't say we are perfect but I hope they appreciate our relationship. They are my primary source of joy and I plan to spend a LOT of time with them once I retire - I hope they are prepared!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back