• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be worse. When my MIL and FIL visited after the twins were born, we had one kid at home and one in the NICU still. Apparently we were not doing enough for the In-laws that weekend, as one of us was spending the day at the hospital and we were up with a newborn all night. On what ended up being their last night, we invited them back for Christmas and my in laws started laying into us for not doing enough for them for while they were here (my FIL complaining about how I didn't fix him enough drinks while a glass of Bourbon I had just poured sat in front of him), and said they wanted to lay down how they expected to be treated in our house. Became a big thing, I left and walked the dog, came back and apologized for not being aware of their feelings, but the father wasnt having it, so we ended up asking them to leave. I got them a hotel room and asked them to leave the house, became another big thing. Suffice it to say my MIL hasnt spoken to my wife and I since then.

Wow. Fuck them .

She clarified that her brother (a carpenter who didn’t graduate HS) recommended it and it’s in the energy space which “should go up” because of “electric cars and all that”. I couldn’t even begin to respond.

You gotta report back if it ever does go up.

I love T'giving turkey. Love it fresh, love it leftover, love it on sandwiches, love it dry, love it cold. On rare occasions during the year we will make a little turkey breast . We don't do it more often because it is a lot of work and a lot of clean up.

These stories about terrible relationships with parents and grandparents and in-laws make me sad for y'all - and for them. I just can't imagine. Our daughter just had our first grandchild and we went down for the first two weeks. We did everything for them while we were there. My daughter would feed the baby at like 9 or 10 at night and me and my son in law would stay up with the baby until the next feeding so my daughter could sleep uninterrupted as long as possible. In the morning my wife would take the baby at like 6am and take her downstairs so our daughter could go back to bed and sleep uninterrupted again as long as possible until the next feeding. While we waited for them to come home from the hospital my wife cleaned their house from top to bottom - floors, refrigerator drawers, re-organized their pantry, etc... We also bought them a used frig. off FB marketplace for their garage - so they would have more room in the one in the house for stored breast milk, etc.
Our kids, and now our granddaughter, are everything to us and I can't imagine going a day without talking to them. My wife talks to both of them at least 5 times a day. I'm sure they wouldn't say we are perfect but I hope they appreciate our relationship. They are my primary source of joy and I plan to spend a LOT of time with them once I retire - I hope they are prepared!!

Hey Scooter, will you be my FIL?

My MIL and FIL mean well, and are super helpful with our daughter. They are pretty much on call to watch her whenever my wife wants a break.

That said, they're awkward, lack common sense, don't drink, view money as the only barometer for success, refuse to ever do a single thing helpful financially(not that we expect it, but it would be cool if they'd toss my wife some money since they're loaded).

But again, super helpful with our daughter and are well intentioned, so I can't complain too much.

Apparently this was real

Fucking getting old. Can't get back to sleep. Four year old had a bad dream an hour ago. He's now out like a light and here we are.

Fucking getting old. Can't get back to sleep. Four year old had a bad dream an hour ago. He's now out like a light and here we are.

Son came into our room at 5 AM and puked on our bathroom floor after puking in his bed.

He and wife are now sleeping. Decided to just get up and start working.

CT number: atreides nuts

Son woke us up at 5, mom headed into work at 6, and I’m working from home today and currently introducing my son to the glory that is That Thing You Do until MIL arrives at 8:30. Popped up on Hulu and decided we could use a morning off from Bluey. Would take him on a walk but it’s like 25 degrees, so nah.

This kid loves it. Well really any scene where they are playing music.

Also Steve Zahn’s comedic performance in this movie is highly underrated. Liv Tyler a goddess. Jimmy is the worst, as always. Guy the coolest.

Last edited:
I just woke up. This feels weird.

Also, my in-laws make us go to their weird church occasionally and my fil works me to death sometimes on his farm, but they are crazy helpful and good people. My parents are saints. My life would be exponentially more difficult if any of them were assholes or we didn’t live so close to them.

washington's proclamation of Thanksgiving Day

washington-thanksgiving-proclamation-l.jpg

Nothing kid related but I was wide awake from like 4:30-6:30 and feel awful now.

one of my least favorite features of middle age is how drinking causes me to wake up around 3am and just lie there

Hey Scooter, will you be my FIL?

HaHa - do you have alcohol and access to a good golf course??

I didn't really mention the in-law situation with my daughter. Our son-in-law is great - he was really nervous about becoming a parent but has taken to it like a duck to water - as expected, he is totally smitten with his new daughter and is really supportive of our daughter. His parents live really close to them - like walking distance and the MIL is going to be the primary caregiver for the baby when my daughter goes back to work. We are jealous of the time she is going to be spending with the baby but glad they won't have to send her to daycare. We get along fine with the in-laws - they are good people and would do anything for our daughter and the baby. I won't say they are our favorite people in the world - the mom is kind of a lot to handle - but the dad is funny and a good guy and, as in-laws go, we really can't complain.

These should be good, and certain ones should result in perma bans, like if there is a chat thread flat earther get the fuck out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back