• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting close to finally letting this whole coaching thing go. I’ve been at work by 630 every day this week and haven’t gotten home before 9 and we haven’t even played our first game yet. I still love it but if it wasn’t for my daughter being quarantined I wouldn’t see my kids awake except on the weekends.

When my son was born I went five days without seeing him because I left the house before he woke up every morning and got home after he was asleep every night. I have vowed that I will not let that happen again.

A silver lining to Covid was that my employer recognizes I’m able to work remotely so I’ve had a bit of additional flexibility.

When my son was born I went five days without seeing him because I left the house before he woke up every morning and got home after he was asleep every night. I have vowed that I will not let that happen again.

:(

dislike

A silver lining to Covid was that my employer recognizes I’m able to work remotely so I’ve had a bit of additional flexibility.

wow, that is brutal.

COVID let me live with my 2nd daughter full time from 0 to basically 8 months which I feel very fortunate about. Never experienced anything like Cav but with the first one it was only in the morning and an hour before her bed at night.

wow, that is brutal.

COVID let me live with my 2nd daughter full time from 0 to basically 8 months which I feel very fortunate about. Never experienced anything like Cav but with the first one it was only in the morning and an hour before her bed at night.

yeah same here. our son had maybe 3 weeks of daycare before we shutdown so I got to spend so much more time with him than I would've normally.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I was let go from my last job about 2 months before my son was born and I was terrified (mostly due to lack of health insurance).

Found a new and better job less than a month later that allows me to work from home (albeit with a lot of travel, which wasn't a change). That was over 3 years ago now and I can't imagine being back in an office... Mostly because of all of the time I get to spend with my 3 young kids.

Having said that, my son was born on a Thursday and I worked a "normal" day on Friday and then was back on the road on Monday. But I work in sales and get paid 100% commission, so if I take time off I restrict my ability to get paid.

I always get wistful whenever we stay with friends in Winston, and it's no different after being there last weekend. I do like living in Asheville, but we've long though that Winston would be next for us. We probably would've started to look this year or next but I took my new job in June and it was way too good to pass up -- excellent opportunity/salary at a great company in an industry I love. And I really like this job, but I think I would like living in Winston more, though I'd feel guilty pulling out any time soon. I could maybe see about going remote but I get the feeling that with my role they want me on site as much as possible, and it's a difficult conversation to have with your manager that you wanna move across the state without them thinking you're looking at other jobs.

I mean I like Winston for a Weekend to like walk around campus and shit.

Love my job, but would be happier working a bit less

I always get wistful whenever we stay with friends in Winston, and it's no different after being there last weekend. I do like living in Asheville, but we've long though that Winston would be next for us. We probably would've started to look this year or next but I took my new job in June and it was way too good to pass up -- excellent opportunity/salary at a great company in an industry I love. And I really like this job, but I think I would like living in Winston more, though I'd feel guilty pulling out any time soon. I could maybe see about going remote but I get the feeling that with my role they want me on site as much as possible, and it's a difficult conversation to have with your manager that you wanna move across the state without them thinking you're looking at other jobs.

this is how i am with boone. any time i visit and stay with friends, i immediately get depressed that i don't live there anymore.

How many of y’all actually like your job?

And the salary question is loaded for me because I don’t make a ton of money but I live in a place that has a low cost of living and I have lots of wealthy and generous relatives and I’m not too proud to appreciate their generosity.

I love my job about 85% of the time.

How you gonna shoot a man when he’s buying cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back