• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I have like a thousand bucks of Dave and Busters credits. so that's something

“Conventional” retirement planning wisdom says you can liquidate 4% of your portfolio annually without ever going broke so that feels like an absolute baseline. Assuming if you have $8MM you have a highly sophisticated investment strategy that will likely yield significant in excess of 4% even accounting for a more conservative posture in later years. So I’m thinking more along the lines of $500,000 a year without really worrying about it.

Like, I get that 8 million seems like a lot, but it's really not 90s money anymore. You're living in a gated community in Pinehurst or something, playing some golf. But you're not fucking a different 22 year old Brazilian model every weekend (the true measure of wealth).

For me to not worry about it, I think I'd have to have something north of 4 million, with at least a million of that in liquid assets. A million bucks just ain't what it used to be. Even two million, you're in danger if there's a crash and you're over-extended in a certain investment.

Palma remains an enigma

I got another truth bomb for y'all I'm sure you'll enjoy. I drink fairly regularly, but I ordinarily don't want the beer/wine in the house cause then by default I'll prolly drink it. So whenever I want to drink (which is more nights than not) I'll just have wine/beer delivered to me one bottle at a time. So most nights I'm drinking I'm dropping $25 for an $8 bottle of wine. So on an average night, I'm getting 2 deliveries of food/wine per day.

Last edited:
Might explain why there's no money left for 401ks

I mean I have a pension so I only think about supplemental but I feel like I could retire now with 2 mil in liquid assets.

Wasn’t it palma that made fun of RTQ for her 401k on here like 10 years ago?

The absolute best thing I’ve ever done financially was regularly putting back money into an ira early in my teaching career.

Like, I get that 8 million seems like a lot, but it's really not 90s money anymore. You're living in a gated community in Pinehurst or something, playing some golf. But you're not fucking a different 22 year old Brazilian model every weekend (the true measure of wealth).

For me to not worry about it, I think I'd have to have something north of 4 million, with at least a million of that in liquid assets. A million bucks just ain't what it used to be. Even two million, you're in danger if there's a crash and you're over-extended in a certain investment.

Yeah I mean it’s certainly not “fuck you” money by any stretch but the article that presented it as “we’re not sure we’ll have enough money to retire” was totally disingenuous.

The absolute best thing I’ve ever done financially was regularly putting back money into an ira early in my teaching career.

When I graduated college my parents only gave me one piece of advice: on your first day enroll in the 401k plan and contribute even a tiny amount. Then step that up as salary increases allow until you hit the annual max. Working pretty well so far.

Lol that’s right. Well I guess you don’t get there flinging $$$ at Dysons whenever you feel like it

what is liquid wealth

I think it’s this

I got another truth bomb for y'all I'm sure you'll enjoy. I drink fairly regularly, but I ordinarily don't want the beer/wine in the house cause then by default I'll prolly drink it. So whenever I want to drink (which is more nights than not) I'll just have wine/beer delivered to me one bottle at a time. So most nights I'm drinking I'm dropping $25 for an $8 bottle of wine. So on an average night, I'm getting 2 deliveries of food/wine per day.

Alright CT brethren, heading out to pick up my dogs and spend some quality time with the in laws. Taking the Series 7 exam tomorrow so going to do my best not to procrastinate on here until after that’s behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back