• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife is currently on a kick where she's concerned that we don't have a lot in common and she's worried about what will happen when our kids move out. Keep in mind our youngest is 3.

She's expressed this for years... Even before we had kids.

She doesn't understand that I don't need (or want) someone that likes the exact same things I do.

The catalyst for her bringing it up this time was me watching the Wake Forest basketball game last night instead of sitting with her on the couch to watch something else. She said that she's sorry that she doesn't want to watch basketball with me. I was like, "I have zero desire for you to watch those games with me." She just assumes that we should want to do everything together. While I enjoy her company immensely, I don't need it 24/7.

My wife after Saturday’s game: why does Wake Forest always get up by a lot then let the other team come back? So yeah I’m okay with her not watching with me :)

Wife is currently on a kick where she's concerned that we don't have a lot in common and she's worried about what will happen when our kids move out. Keep in mind our youngest is 3.

She doesn't understand that I don't need (or want) someone that likes the exact same things I do.

The catalyst for her bringing it up this time was me watching the Wake Forest basketball game last night instead of sitting with her on the couch to watch something else. She said that she's sorry that she doesn't want to watch basketball with me. I was like, "I have zero desire for you to watch those games with me." She just assumes that we should want to do everything together. While I enjoy her company immensely, I don't need it 24/7.

My wife and I work together. She is more than fine with not having to spend every second at home with me.

Jacksonville is great if you live out on the river or in Ponte Vedra.

Jacksonville is a pretty city to drive through on the interstate.

My wife and I have the same conversation about Wake Forest basketball every November when I start watching games...

Wife: Are they going to be good this year?
Me: Probably not.
Wife: Then I don't understand why you waste your time.

This year is different! (maybe)

The other question I get when I turn on ANY game is, "Are you supposed to win this one?" Like she's trying to gauge whether or not I'm going to be happy later on in the day.

my opinion of jacksonville was formed by spending 36 hours there for the acc championship in 2006 where i stayed in an america's best value inn off the highway north of the city and spent a lot of the rest of the time in the rain in the stadium or on the godawful landing

it may be good or it may be greensboro, i have no idea

my opinion of jacksonville was formed by spending 36 hours there for the acc championship in 2006 where i stayed in an america's best value inn off the highway north of the city and spent a lot of the rest of the time in the rain in the stadium or on the godawful landing

it may be good or it may be greensboro, i have no idea

Nope. That's it. You nailed it.

Throw in a bunch of nice golf courses and you really understand Jacksonville.

Still not enough to get me interested in living there. But it isn't the worst place in the world.

i've had great korean food in greensboro

and df2009's 19th birthday at the melting pot

My wife has never watched a Wake game with me other than games we have attended in person (which is like 2 games) in the 20 years we've been together. The NFL is the only sport we have watched together, ever.

She is pleased with that, as am I, but it means that sometimes I have to watch a Bravo show instead of sports. Fair trade.

Jacksonville has some really great beach front state parks just north of the city. I saw 7 piping plovers in one day at Little Talbot Island state park there last spring.

My wife has never watched a Wake game with me other than games we have attended in person (which is like 2 games) in the 20 years we've been together. The NFL is the only sport we have watched together, ever.

She is pleased with that, as am I, but it means that sometimes I have to watch a Bravo show instead of sports. Fair trade.

Have to? I fucking love Bravo shows. My biggest guilty pleasure by far. Southern Charm, Vanderpump Rules and Summer House are at the top of my list.

Have to? I fucking love Bravo shows. My biggest guilty pleasure by far. Southern Charm, Vanderpump Rules and Summer House are at the top of my list.

There was a Wake alumn on Summer House at one point - Everett Weston.

I am a big problem solver and I struggle a lot when my wife is venting about stuff. I just want to give advice to help her fix her problem, but that is not what she is looking for. Been hard to suppress that instinct.

Yeah it took me a decade to realize I just needed to shut up and listen, even though the answer to my wife’s problems seem obvious to me

yah jacksonville sucks.. I hang out with a guy who moved here from there because it was turning into an awful place to raise his family..

ha my wife has the "we don't have enough in common!" concern all the time

she will watch WFU games with me though, even if it's mostly to watch ME watching wake games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back