• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
charlotte beer garden is good, a few blocks away in south end. Good food and beer selection

I had lunch at STIR today and it would be a good place for dinner and drinks, also in south end.

Still a lot of places that are hit and miss on what's open, but there are tons of options.

If you'd rather be in uptown, near Romare Bearden park there are some good places. Epicentre is a wasteland though so don't waste any time going over there.

So everyone is just agreeing to let Howl at the Moon be a Pitt bar this weekend?

I’m in the same boat. Looking for some place to walk around Saturday morning.

Have you been to the Green? Nice place, bring a book, catch up on some reading.

(No I'm not jealous I will be in Texas with twin newborns and not at the game, why do you ask?)

charlotte beer garden is good, a few blocks away in south end. Good food and beer selection

I had lunch at STIR today and it would be a good place for dinner and drinks, also in south end.

Still a lot of places that are hit and miss on what's open, but there are tons of options.

If you'd rather be in uptown, near Romare Bearden park there are some good places. Epicentre is a wasteland though so don't waste any time going over there.

Maybe I’m just old now but I hate places the size of charlotte beer garden except for special occasions. It gets insanely crowded. Prefer bulldogs but it’s a different vibe I think.

I got way too drunk at the Boston Howl at the Moon on a work trip like 5 or 6 years ago. I have a very rough idea of the concept and recall having fun.

I never knew this. I worked at Old Town Club as a lifeguard and sometimes in the snack bar for multiple summers. That snack bar crew, including one of Brasky's high school buddies (who married Amy G. from our high school xc team), made the days more fun

This was one summer in college (maybe my last one?). It was kinda horrible.

As i know everybody is waiting with bated breath about whether you’ll get to party with me this weekend or not, I am sad to report that I am unable to swing it.

@townie - let’s hold it down here 😤😤

I got way too drunk at the Boston Howl at the Moon on a work trip like 5 or 6 years ago. I have a very rough idea of the concept and recall having fun.

My first trip to Vegas was for 2 weeks and I was staying at NYNY, which probably has the best dueling piano bar in the country (It'd make sense the best players would migrate to Vegas). I ended up spending at least part of the evening there 13 outta 14 nights. It was during summer league so ever ran into CP3 there when he was a rookie. If I had to pick a dream job for me, it'd be working and playing there.

imagine spending your first trip to vegas at a dueling piano bar for two straight weeks

truly an everyman

That Howl at the Moon was down the street from my old office. We went like three times and got obliterated every time.

When we were in Denver this summer our friend was hammered and wanted to go to Howl at the Moon but it had moved to like a brewery or something. So we walked all the way over and the cover was like $25 or something but we actually had a hell of a time. Then our fucking 6 mile Uber ride after was $95 or some shit.

My first trip to Vegas was for 2 weeks and I was staying at NYNY, which probably has the best dueling piano bar in the country (It'd make sense the best players would migrate to Vegas). I ended up spending at least part of the evening there 13 outta 14 nights. It was during summer league so ever ran into CP3 there when he was a rookie. If I had to pick a dream job for me, it'd be working and playing there.

The most impressive part of all of this is spending two weeks in Vegas. 4 days is my max before I start looking like a corpse.

That Howl at the Moon was down the street from my old office. We went like three times and got obliterated every time.

I got shitfaced at that Howl at the Moon a lot, seemed like it was the natural last stop for me and my coworkers at the time

When we were in Denver this summer our friend was hammered and wanted to go to Howl at the Moon but it had moved to like a brewery or something. So we walked all the way over and the cover was like $25 or something but we actually had a hell of a time. Then our fucking 6 mile Uber ride after was $95 or some shit.

I honestly didn't know until today that there was more than one Howl at the Moon.

And the uber situation in Denver blows. I was out there like 4-5 years ago and had a similar experience.

I got shitfaced at that Howl at the Moon a lot, seemed like it was the natural last stop for me and my coworkers at the time

I worked right off Oliver St for a few years. We loved going to the Intercontinental on the water for drinks in the summer. Come Friday we’d be there by 3 or so. Can’t waste that prime weather. Winter spot was Dooley’s. And we spent plenty of time at Biddy’s.

I worked right off Oliver St for a few years. We loved going to the Intercontinental on the water for drinks in the summer. Come Friday we’d be there by 3 or so. Can’t waste that prime weather. Winter spot was Dooley’s. And we spent plenty of time at Biddy’s.

I worked with a dude who LOVED Biddy's but I usually tried to swing other places on account of that place being cash only. Our office was in Back Bay, so most of our go-tos were in that area... Cleary's, Brownstone, Globe, etc

also wait now that I'm thinking about it I'm like 95% sure I met you and Numbers at Mass Ave Tavern (rip) one time for a wake basketball game

I worked with a dude who LOVED Biddy's but I usually tried to swing other places on account of that place being cash only. Our office was in Back Bay, so most of our go-tos were in that area... Cleary's, Brownstone, Globe, etc

also wait now that I'm thinking about it I'm like 95% sure I met you and Numbers at Mass Ave Tavern (rip) one time for a wake basketball game

Hmm that definitely sounds possible. I lived right off Mass on St Germain for several years when I first moved there. Numbers and I got together a couple times to watch games. One time at Yard House for sure. I used to love Corner Tavern on Mass. That place had great wings, would just go and watch NFL games there all day especially in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back