• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss working as the sailing coordinator at a summer camp at the beach. That was fun as hell

nature lodge and swim instructor at camp raven knob

made $500 for a whole summer but two of the best summers of my life

worked in the snack bar at forsyth country club pool for a summer, that job was so shitty, but had a couple perks, like free food and some poolside babes

On this week's Very Special Episode of Talkin' Fruit, I'd like to briefly discuss technique.

The best way to eat an apple is not to simply cronchh into it, but instead to cut it into slices and enjoy.

On this week's Very Special Episode of Talkin' Fruit, I'd like to briefly discuss technique.

The best way to eat an apple is not to simply cronchh into it, but instead to cut it into slices and enjoy.

Seems like a lot of wasted effort. We do have one of those handy apple corer/slicer combos for the kids but I prefer just going all in.

agree.

it's weird how when you give an apple to a kid, they just eat the whole fucking thing, starting and continuing bites wherever they feel like it and only give up when they're spitting out seeds.

Oh ya, being hot as hell, rushing around getting screamed at, burning my hands. Met some really interesting people, learned alot about jail and improved my spanish. Also heavy cream is the key to every recipe in South Carolina.

Lifeguard or security at a concert venue, those are the jobs I miss. That and being a government contractor.

Yeah I was a lifeguard in high school and early college and it’s one of the great young adult jobs.

If you're over 50, you're required to carry a pocket knife and slowly eat an apple by cutting slices of it one at a time. It's the law

I miss working as the sailing coordinator at a summer camp at the beach. That was fun as hell

seagull/seafarer? those camps seem hella dope, wish my parents had sent me there instead of bible and boyscout camps

With lemon juice on the slices.

My wife won't eat apple skin, so if she eats an apple that's not pre-peeled and cut for her, she literally takes a bite then some how spits out the skin. Bizarre behavior.

Lastly I really like this word "cronchh." Very descriptive.

I was a sailing instructor at a summer camp for two summers in high school, that was really fun, but my favorite job was the spring/summer I spent in Cape Lookout searching for an monitoring oystercatcher, piping plover, least tern, and sea turtle nests. I was paid (not very much) to rids an ATV up and down the beach looking for birds and their nests. So fucking awesome.

I prefer to cube my apples but agree that eating whole is absolutely wild

seagull/seafarer? those camps seem hella dope, wish my parents had sent me there instead of bible and boyscout camps

When I was a kid, I thought it would be so much fun to go to a summer camp like on tv. My BIL grew up as a rich kid from the burbs and spent every summer at the same one. He said it was just as cool as it seems. He can't rake hay worth a shit though.

Nah further down south from there. We weren’t as fancy as them. Only sailed sunfish and only took kids out on the boat, didn’t have to teach them how to sail the boats themselves. More fun that way.

I knew a guy who was sent to work on a Bridge on State Highway 12 in the OBX. The job gets all set up and then a stop work order came from the state due to environmental impact. All the construction guys stayed in the Outer Banks for like 6 months doing nothing. They'd call in or check emails and then just leave for the day, all while getting paid full salaries.

Another missed opportunity, after college I was working for a sports marketing company, thinking I wanted to be a sports agent. I was tasked with doing statistics for this company or that, pretty much sitting in a cube doing excel all day. While I was there they opened up a position to be the company rep for College Game Day, pretty much make sure the sponsorship stuff was right at every venue, hand out Home Depot shit, etc., but all fall you were going campus to campus being at Game Day. I applied, got a phone call, and then the guy realized I was already working at the company, and said he didn't want to step on anyone's toes by transferring me. After that I left and moved out west to be a ski instructor. To this day I think of how awesome that job would have been to be right out of college and get paid to go to some the of the best football games of the year.

Ski instructor in Colorado and Cook/Caddie on Seabrook Island were not bad consolation prizes I will admit.

the quality-of-life vs. extra income debate that is constant in my head never reaches any conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back