• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn it I hate Richmond so much. Staying by the airport. How does one sleep to the sound of planes taking off every couple minutes?

also you gotta have earplugs in the travel bag

God damn it I hate Richmond so much. Staying by the airport. How does one sleep to the sound of planes taking off every couple minutes?

Much different than airplanes but my place here & my last place in Texas are both across the street from a railroad and I love hearing trains now. Where I’m at now is an Amtrak station that I’ve thought about hopping on and taking to wherever but it picks up at 1:41 AM so that’s basically an immediate dealbreaker.

word salad incoming:

it's been a v v long time since I've posted on here often enough for anybody to reasonably draw this sorta conclusion, if we're being honest

i get mako's point on the last CT, though i suppose I'd point out that the places where I do post things I care about tend to be places that the knights and plamas (and I guess makos?) of the world don't wander into, for better or worse. so they might not see me engage with subject matter I actually care about?

but in general, again, yeah, I don't really post on here anymore lol, and certainly I post on here less if people that I genuinely don't like to interact with and/or that I genuinely believe are unlikeable humans are goddamn everywhere. there are too many places on the internet where I can interact with people I like for me to do that to myself-- maybe that's putting myself in an echo chamber, but maybe also fuck unlikeable people

I do dig your posts usually, for whatever that's worth! I am sorry that I made you sad.

just an FYI - the boards allow someone to click on an user name and read their posts, I did it yesterday and like I'd picked up on some you calling me out here and there but I mostly skim most posts and don't pick up on particular people's posting habits. But when you read them all in a row it was like "woah, you spent like 6 months just being miserable talking shit about me." You need to go back and read your own posts and ask yourself if you come off as a likable human. I'm guessing outside of the 2 people you know in real life, no one's going to think so. I'd ask again read them back and think "what post here would anyone else find interesting" and pick one. You're not going to be able to find one.

Back in my early unhappy 30's I was on here picking fights with Knight for years, with cookout, townie, etc. Luckily, I grew past that, hopefully you can get there. Townie posted similarly he learned to do so. I never got Rubbins or Chupe's schtick but generally skimmed them but never argued with em, mainly ignored em, hated Knights schtick not too long ago and went after him (and still find 90% of his tries unfunny). Moonz certainly took the posting to entertain himself to an extreme that was unfunny to all. But the thing is if guys were able to successfully be funny more than 10% of the time they'd probably have an acting career. There's a reason none of us do. Except Say Hey, he could pull it off. But you guys who just need every interaction in your life to be PC are exhausting. Allow someone to try to be funny, or have a slightly conservative viewpoint or say something ya don't agree with, and fail without being a wet blanket. But most of us are in our forties and grew up on certain sage advice.....

03947b38-f7fc-4de5-b708-9f57331d3f09_text.gif

Last edited:
Goddamn Palma.

And I’m funny like 85 percent of the time at least.

I’m hilarious

Also like calling out knights schtick but also using the old school meme

Finally I don’t miss Robbins dumbassed schtick but I wish Say Hey would return. Did he die of COVID or something? I don’t recall any blaze of glory exit. Chupe too

Upon further analysis I think yes. Say Hey quit posting very abruptly after a bunch of posts in early 2020. Does anyone know him IRL that can confirm he’s actually alive?

On the one hand, it’s pretty worrying for his continued existence that the Braves run this year did not draw him back to post on that thread.

On the other hand, he also seemed like the kind of dude where once he decided the boards were a waste of his time, he’d never give it a second thought and come back to it.

El chupe - likewise posted about 50x in a couple of days in June 2020, was in a fine mood, and then was never heard from again.

OR he and say hey were actually one person who got got

The Richmond airport does suck, but I like the city. Especially the downtown area near THE RIVER. Some good places to run around there.

Richmond is definitely on a list of cities I would consider moving to. I have family and friends there and enjoy the vibe there.

Charlotte
Richmond
Winston
Charlottesville
Jacksonville

I know those places well enough that I think they’d be a good fit. This is obviously a much different list than I had before 2 kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back